12. new friend

Adrenaline pumping through Carmen's veins as her arm hit the sand making the course of action respond with a puzzled look on her face as Logan starts to look Lucas dead in the eyes.

If Carmen didn't know what was happening 2 seconds earlier, she wouldn't have been able to jump in front of her new found friend, Logan. As she watch the 2 men glare at each other, she simply pulled the knife out and threw it into the lagoon. She watched the boys head's snap into her direction making their eyes widen.
She looked down at the knife bubbling at the bottom before standing on the edge and falling back into the lagoon. feeling the fizzing-like tingles surround her body.

Lucas glares at Logan and pounces at him. Carmen could not take it and emerged from the gracefully tingle she felt and adjusted her positioning before walking to the both of them and pulling Lucas off Logan by the ear.

"you need to leave" Carmen murmurs as Lucas scrambles to his feet. The fury raging within her was about to surface but she didn't understand why.

"fine. But don't come running to me when he tries to kill you!" Lucas screams before running out of the cave. the lagoon being the only noise- the water hitting against the rocks.
"he's right, you know." Logan suddenly says turning to look directly into her eyes.
"what do you mean?" She asks oblivious to the fact that he wants to kill her.

"I'm going to kill you. not now, but soon" he says, muttering the last bit.
"mhmm, sure you will" Carmen says chuckling before going back into the water to retrieve the knife.
She reached the knife before floating slowly to the top, resurfacing pointing it in his direction. His startled expression made her burst into laughter, jumping out of the water staggering towards him. The knife pointed to him as she corners him, the sparkling rocks poking into his back, she pointed the knife under his chin, making sure it touches his skin.
She moves to his ear and whispers something that made him sigh.
"don't say that again. I will plummet this beautiful knife straight through your intestines and scoop them out like spaghetti." She whispered making him sigh and that made her chuckle before dropping the knife through her hand, letting it graze her hand as she snatches the tip of it before giving him the handle. he eyes her carefully before taking it from her hand and looking at the stained knife with droplets of new blood.

"cute" he mutters
"thanks, i know i am" she says laughing.
She walked over to her bag and pulled out her trusty cigarette, pushing the butt between her lips before lighting it with the beautiful orange flame originating from the lighter.
"you smoke?" he asks
"yes." she says bluntly feeling the nicotine stick to her throat before blowing the smoke out towards him, chuckling a bit.
"can, can I have one?" he stutters
"sure." she says smiling placing one in his hand.
he tried it and automatically started coughing.
"that is rotten" he says coughing
"you get used to it." she says laughing while taking in another drag.

After a few more attempts he finally got the hang of it and she saw the crazed look in his eye disappear, replaced with something else.
love? Happiness? Carmen didnt know. But she liked it.
"So what do you look like under that thing?" she asks swinging her cig around for more of effect. somehow.
"why do you wanna know?" he asks smirking
"because you seem cute" she mutters but he heard.
"ha. ha" he says sarcastically
She looked down at her phone and noticed it says 4:32am. She started feaking.