Chapter 1

Hi, my name is Jeremy and I'm fifteen.  I'm  guessing  that at this age, I'm supposed to be cool and all that but . . . I'm not  really so cool when  it comes  to girls.  Actually, I'm  super shy. But I was willing to make that change. School was going to reopen in September and I spent most of the summer studying.
I don't  really have a lot of friends and most of my friends live miles away from my neighbourhood, well one of my class mates lived in the neighbourhood with me. Her name is Trina. She's  kind of cute, I guess, but definitely  not my type. I learnt that first hand in grade six. I still can't  believe  I had a crush on her when  I was eight.

Anyway , back to school. So yeah I was going back to school in September and I was really looking forward to it. A new school year meant new kids and I couldn't wait to make some new friends. I honestly couldn't wait. I would  meet up with my friends, Jerry, Emmanuel and Brooke. I just couldn't wait.

My friends were three of the weirdest people I had ever know in my entire life, honestly.  And that's saying something because my mates were super weird. We weren't exactly the brightest kids in the school but for the few months I had known  them, they were really incredible.

One guy, Collins, drank his oats through a straw. Super weird right? My friend Emmanuel, could sit in a dark corridor all day talking to an empty chair. No kidding. And then there was Comfort. The girl was smart but sometimes she made herself look so . . . Stupid. She could stand in front of the classroom singing a song in some weird language no one understood. And it was bad because  her voice was like a bull frog had learnt  how to sing.

Well I told you about how weird Emmanuel can get. He even started his own TV show is the corridor. He asks you to sit on a chair and then asks you some really awkward questions.  It gets very personal and I bet you that you don't want to be there. I've been  there and I know first hand how embarrassing it feels. 

Especially when the girls pass by.

And he doesn't  seem to care. I thought he would tone it down a bit since he got back to being . . . How do I put it? Normal? Less weird? Well, Emmanuel used to be a big crazy mess we just couldn't figure out. He was too quiet, quick tempered and always said weird things

At the time, it was only Jerry, Nick,
And Sam that could get very close to him and that took a lot of guts because you never knew when his sanity would go hay wire.

Then Brooke came along and she changed everything. She was curious about the guy. Not that I blame her. She wanted to know what was wrong with him and why he always sat alone and was weird in general.  We told her it was normal but knowing Brooke, it just entered one ear and went out the other. She wasn't  really someone who liked to listen to advice.

It started with arguments  between the two. Eventually, they became friends.  Then the friendship morphed into something else. They weren't  really dating but everyone knew they liked each other. We thought it would last because they seemed like the perfect couple.

We thought it would last the entire    semester and boy were we wrong.

The separation  started with Brooke and I'm  sure you don't  want to hear their story so I'll  skip it.

Yeah. It's  super embarrassing.  The next is Jerry. He's  incredibly short for a fourteen year old. Maybe four feet six? It was hard to tell. His height didn't deter him from being bossy or loud either.  Weird.  Sometimes, he got incredibly  annoying, like, super annoying. And he spoke French  like a pro. I never really liked French  so I didn't  bother to learnt  it. Pfft. French.

Brooke was probably the most understanding, influential  and scary of the four of us and, unlike us, she had tons of friends, she was smart and all the teachers  loved her. Sometimes, I wondered why she wanted to hang out with us. She also had five brothers  or something like that. Don't be alarmed  though, they weren't  her really brothers.  She had known them all her life and they were so close they actually seemed like siblings. Plus, they got really I overprotective of her. The eldest, Seyram could glare daggers at you and Brooke was able to copy that look quite well.

So I was sitting  in the living room watching Tom and Jerry.  I had already finished packing everything for school which would be in like three weeks from now. I honestly couldn't  wait.