Chapter 9

Mia was a great companion. We talked about our families and ourselves. I suddenly felt like I had known her all my life. We made it to the coffee shop before Trina showed up.

Her presence spelt trouble.

"Jeremy!" She shouted when she spotted us. I rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly. "Trina?" Mia asked, surprised. "She's my neighbour. " I said. Trina  marched up to me. She seemed to be rocking the look of black curls  with blue extensions.

She looked really nice.

"Hey Mia. " Trina said, then turned to glare at me. "I have been worried sick! Jeremy you have to think before you act you know. You could have left a note or something! And I have been searching all over town for you!" She said.

I looked down at my shoes.

Mia looked taken aback.

"I should get going. "She said, rubbing her arm sheepishly. "Yeah." I said, too low for anyone to hear.

I didn't even lift my  head to tell  her goodbye.

I turned back to Trina. "I could have been fine, you know." I said. She nodded. "Hit by a car, flattened by a truck, carried away by the sea oh and not to mention dead. Yeah, other than that, you would've been  fine. "

I rolled my eyes at her sarcasm. "You need to stop hanging out with Brooke. " I said. She rolled her eyes. "I've got lunch prepared at home. Let's go." I followed her down the street.

The thought of lunch made my stomach rumble. It was embarrassingly loud.

I had to spend the rest of my weekend at Trina's house because my dad didn't trust me enough to leave me on my own.

🍨🍦🍧🍦🍨🍧🍦🍨🍧🍦🍨🍧

School was normal the next week. Well, as normal as my friends could get. It was funny to listen to Collins compose a song about how his little sister could do better than the lame punishments Ms. Jester gave us. I just hope she didn't hear it though.

We all sat down and prepared for our first period, English. "Where is Mia?" Bestill asked. Everyone started looking around. Mia had told me she had something to take care of as soon as she put her bag on her desk. A few people gave me strange looks but said nothing.

I raised my eyebrows. The fact that we walked together on Saturday didn't mean we were besties or something.  I mean seriously, I don't like the girl you know.

We waited a few minutes before Mia stormed in looking like thunder.

"Why? Did Jeremy cheat on you?" Calvin asked. There were a few snickers as Mia and I glared at him. He shrugged and went back to his notes.

A few seconds later, a middle aged woman appeared. She had black hair and mocha skin with hazel eyes. She wore a long sleeved knee length golden body hugging dress with a pair of brown platforms. She looked really nice.

But she looked strangely familiar even though I was sure I had never seen her anywhere in my life.

The hair and those eyes...

Oh my God.

I nearly choked on my saliva.

The lady was the older version of Mia.

"Good morning class, my name is Miss Emelia and I will be your English teacher. " she said with a smile. There was a round of applause. I looked at Mia as she lifted her head off the table and brought out her books.

We were going to do literature because Miss Emelia did a background check on our English history with Brooke  (She's a pro in English) and decided literature was our weakness so we had to take it up again.

There were a couple of groans coming from a few people. Our history with literature was just as bad as our history with Ms. Jester.

Just saying.

"So Mia is Miss Emelia's daughter." Jerry said, covering his fries in ketchup. We were at the cafeteria eating lunch and discussing my very recent discoveries.

I have made some very important discoveries mind you.

"So what?" He asked, shrugging. So what? I asked myself. What did it matter that Mia was my English Teacher's daughter? "You're right." I said. No he's not. My subconscious said. Shut up. I thought.

"I think it means plenty now that our dear little Jeremy has finally found the one." Emmanuel said. My left eye twitched.

"You guys please. I don't like Mia." I said. They snickered asked I turned to look at the said person.

She was sitting together with Comfort's squad together with a couple of seniors. They were talking and giggling. I scoffed. Of all the friends she could make.

"I think Calvin likes her." Emmanuel said. This time, I did choke on my saliva. "Have some water." He handed me a bottle. "That's a little bit too much of information. Don't you think?" I choked out. They laughed. "But it's true." Jerry chipped in. "I heard him talking about it with his friends. " He said.

I rolled my eyes. "It's none of my business. " "It will be your business soon." He replied, smirking.

Sometimes I wish I could drown my friends.