Showers

I sit in the living room, flicking through the endless channels on the TV when I notice an unbearable stink. I lift my arm up and take a sniff. The stink fills my nose and I realize the last time I showered was 2 days ago. Oops.

I lazily get up off the couch and make my way to your room, keeping an eye out for my roommate Mark. I don't see him around, he must be recording something.

I open the door to my small room and gather some comfy clothes and a speaker for some music. I shut my door as I exit my room and walk to the bathroom down the hall.

I open the closed door and shock overtakes me. I see Mark standing in front of me shirtless. My eyes quickly scan him up and down before I force myself to lock eyes with his deep chocolate ones.

"Um, is there something you need?" he asks with a raised eyebrow. A smirk plays at the edges of his lips.

"Yeah. I need to shower," I say, crossing your arms.

"Well I got here first. You're not the only person who needs to shower around here," he says, amusement dancing on the edge of his deep voice. I huff and turn to leave, but Mark stops me.

"Wait. Maybe we could shower together?" I raise an eyebrow at him, "I mean, it's not like we haven't seen the opposite gender naked before. Plus, it saves water and you know I'm all about saving water." He looks me dead in the eyes.

I burst out laughing. "And why would you think I would say yes to this?"

"Well, I don't see you saying no either," he smirks.

I feel my face infuse with heat as I answer, "Fine." His smirk widens as he reaches down to unbuckle his belt from his jeans. I scoff and turn around, tearing my shirt over my head. I hear more clothes hit the tiled floor and the water start.

I finish undressing and enter the already occupied shower. Steam slaps my face. I try really hard to keep my eyes trained on his face, but I can't help myself. I scan his naked body and feel a blush rise to my cheeks. All I can say is he's packing. I hear Mark suck in a breath and I cross my arms over my chest.

"Here." Mark moves over and shares the warm water stream. He bends down to pick up my shampoo bottle and I resist the urge to laugh. Damn, he almost has a nicer ass than I do. I turn to face the gentle stream.

I feel his large hands in my long hair and I freeze. I turn back around and look up at him. His hands stop.

"Is this okay?" he asks, his voice soft. I quietly nod my head and Marks movements continue.

I breathe out, feeling relaxed from the warm water and Marks fingers massaging my scalp.

"You're so beautiful," he whispers to himself.

"Thank you." He seems startled that I heard him.

"I-I-I-" he stutters. I laugh at his nerves.

"Mark, it's okay. If I'm going to be honest, I have liked you for a really long time now. I was always scared to tell you how I felt because I always thought you didn't feel the same way." Mark doesn't answer me, he just stares.

I start to panic. I shouldn't have told him. I screwed everything up, like always. I sigh and move away from him, his hands fall from my hair. Suddenly this whole situation seems silly. I want to go back, I want take back my words, I want to go back and say no when he gave his dumb offer.

"You feel the same?" His words surprise me. I nod, looking back up at him. Happiness replaces the feeling of regret that overtook my heart. I realize I'm the perfect height to just place my lips on the edge of his jaw. His eyes dance awe.

"Well in that case, would you like to go on a date with me?"

I nod and laugh. A goofy smile makes its way onto my face as I reach for his shampoo.