Fixed

Mark's loud screams rattle the walls and shake me awake. I throw the heavy comforter off of me and storm into Marks recording room.

He looks up at me, anger evident on his face. He rips his headphones off of his head and pauses his dumb game. "And just what do you think you're doing? Who gave you permission to just come into my recording room and interrupt me?"

I talk in a harsh whisper to not disturb our daughter that sleeps only a couple rooms away. "I did! I don't need your say so to enter this room. I come and go as I please! You can't change that!" I cross my arms over my chest and take a deep breath, trying to calm down a small bit, "You have to be quieter, Mary is sleeping."

"I don't care whether she's sleeping or not! I have a job to do! I'm the one who pays the bills and puts the food on the table. I'm the one who pays for everything because someone doesn't have a job." His voice is getting louder and louder.

"Well, I'm sorry I have to take care of Mary! She's too young for a babysitter, I have to stay home. You never watch over her anyway, you're always recording!" I can feel my anger get hotter and hotter. I want nothing more than to slap him across the face.

Mark stands up and stomps his way over to me, getting in my face. "I never even wanted to have a daughter! And even if I did, I wouldn't want it to be with you! The only reason I'm still here is because of her! You just couldn't keep your legs shut, you whore!"

I feel my heart shake and shatter in my chest. Mary was the only reason he was still here? I knew our relationship was in a rocky state at the moment, but I never thought it would get this bad.

Mark never wanted a daughter, she's the only reason he's still here. I'm nothing but a whore to him.

Tears fill my eyes and my whole being starts to shake violently. I look back up at Mark with two trails of salty tears running down my face.

As if everything Mark said suddenly came crashing down on him, his eyes soften from the angry brown they were just minutes before.

"(Y/n) I didn't mean-" he starts, but I cut him off.

"So Mary is the only reason you're still here?" I ask as I start to back away from him. I want to get out of this house.

"No, I didn't mean it like that-" Mark is cut off once more, but not by me, but with a softer voice. The voice of Mary.

"Mommy? Daddy? Are you guys okay? I heard yelling." Mary walks over to me in her crooked nightgown and I crouch to her level. "Mommy, you're crying." Her little hand meets my cheek to wipe away my tears.

"I know sweetie. Come one, let's get you back into bed." My voice shakes as I stare at the anchor that forces Mark to stay with us. I gather her up in my arms and leave Mark behind. He looks heartbroken and at a loss for words, his mouth stays gaping like a fish out of water.

I lay Mary back into bed and snuggle her Disney princess covers up to her chin. I get up to leave but she stops me, "Wait! Can I have a goodnight kiss? I want one from Daddy too." She gestures to Mark who currently stands in her bedroom doorway.

I lean forward and place a gentle kiss on her forehead and start to back away from Mary when Mark starts to approach her, but she grabs my hand. I don't pull my hand from her grasp as I watch Mark lean down to kiss her forehead as well.

Mary grabs Mark's hand as well and laces it with mine. His large hand easily overlaps mine, the warmth from his making my palm instantly sweaty. I keep my head down, still too upset at Mark to even look at him.

Mary puts her little hand under my chin so I look her in the eyes, "Mommy, you can't fight with Daddy." I open my mouth to argue with the six-year-old, but she places a finger against my lips. She looks Mark dead in the eyes, "Daddy, you can't fight with Mommy. You guys were made for each other, you're soulmates, just like in Cinderella! Daddy, kiss Mommy!"

Mary puts her hand behind my head and guides it toward Mark's face. I feel Mark push her hand away and replaces it with his, planting a full kiss against my lips. His overlap mine, desperately trying to get me to respond, but I don't. I place a hand on his chest and push him away.

"See! You guys love each other! I love you, Mommy and Daddy. Goodnight," her voice is suddenly worn down and tired. Mary gently lays her head down on her pillow and closes her eyes, falling asleep instantly. I pull the cover back up to her chin and brush past Mark to go into our shared bedroom.

I climb into bed, ready to go to sleep with Marks comes into the room. "(Y/n), please, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it, I wasn't thinking about what I was saying. I love you and Mary so much. (Y/n) please." Mark's voice is covered in desperation, but I don't respond, I just shut my eyes.

I feel Mark lift the comforter up and slide into bed next to me. His arm tries to place itself on my waist, but I move away and give his arm back to him.

I don't want him to touch me, I'm just a whore who couldn't keep her legs shut.

"(Y/n) please, I know I said horrible things to you. I know I called you a whore, but I wasn't thinking. I can promise you I don't think about you like that, I love you. Mary isn't the only reason I stick around, I'm around because I want to have a family with you. I'm so sorry," his voice cracks and he starts to cry softly. I sigh and turn around to face him.

"Mark, you said terrible things to me and you broke some level of trust between us. You made me feel small, dirty, and worthless. I don't know when I'll be able to forgive you, I'm still very upset. I think it would be better if I slept on the couch tonight."

I start to sit up and climb out of bed when Mark stops me. His arm wraps around my waist and pulls me on top of him. "I know you're upset with me, but please, just let me hold you tonight." His eyes are still swimming in tears, his face wet. He looks so sad and regretful for what happened before.

"Okay, fine Mark. This isn't over though, we're going to talk about this in the morning. We're going to figure out a new recording schedule for you, find better soundproofing panels and try to find me a job. A lot of this is going to change," I say with anger still evident in my eyes.

Mark doesn't say anything as he pulls me flush against him. After a couple minutes, I'm teetering on the brink of sleep and Mark must think I'm asleep when he says, "God, I'm such an idiot, I ruined everything. Please (Y/n), don't leave me. Don't break up apart."

I choose not to say anything, but I turn to snuggle deeper into his chest. I know I'm still mad at him, but I'm not going to let him go to bed thinking I hate him. He's still the father of our child, and I know I'll forgive him. Eventually.

---

Fun Fact: I was eating just pepperoni when I was writing this. Just pepperoni.

It's also 4 in the morning.

I'm normal, I swear.