The Night We Met

I am not the only traveler

Who has not repaid his debt

-

She left me. She left me all alone. She didn't care about what happened after she did it. She didn't think about how I would feel afterward.

-

I've been searching for a trail to follow again

Take me back to the night the night we met

-

I can't focus on anything anymore, I can't care about anyone. All I can think about is her. Her perfect lips, her amazing laugh, and her smile, the way she used to look at me with so much happiness I could cry. She won't ever look at me like that ever again.

-

And then I can tell myself

What the hell am I supposed to do

-

What am I supposed to do? I can't function without her. She was my joy and happiness. She could turn my day around with just a smile of hers. She won't ever smile at me like that again.

-

And then I can tell myself

Not to ride along with you

-

I should have never asked her for her number that day. I wouldn't have cared, I wouldn't have gotten attached to her. I wouldn't have loved her. She won't ever be able to tell me that she loves me ever again.

-

I had all and then most of you

Some and now none of you

Take me back to the night we met

-

Why did she do it? Did I not love her hard enough, did I not tell her enough? Would she still be here if I told her I loved her more, that I found her to be the most beautiful thing I've ever laid my eyes on? I could always tell her I loved her now, but she would never really hear it ever again.

-

I don't know what I'm supposed to do

Haunted by the ghost of you

Oh, take me back to the night we met

-

I won't ever be able to forget that night, it's ingrained forever into my mind. I can feel her warm, slick blood under my shoes and wetting my skin. No matter how hard I scrubbed in the shower, I still felt it. I could still hear her last words forever echo in my ears. I would never be able to forget them. I remember how I felt when I pressed my head against her chest and heard nothing. I would never be able to feel her heartbeat ever again.

-

When the night was full of terrors

And your eyes were filled with tears

-

I remember walking into our bedroom and seeing her lying there, unmoving. The once white sheets under her were stained a dark red from her blood. I ran over to her and cried into her cold body, trying to will her back to me. I heard a croak come from her throat and I snapped my head up to look at her. I tried to kiss her once last time but she pushed me away. "I will always love you," she said as tears filled her eyes and she took her final breath. I would never hear her voice ever again.

-

When you had not touched me yet

Oh, take me back to the night we met

-

I could still feel the hand I was holding go limp as she died in my arms. I tried to force her fingers to tightened back around mine again. They wouldn't. I could feel her hand start to go cold in my hand, but I couldn't stop. I was sobbing uncontrollably and I threw her hand down back onto the bed, screaming to the heavens above to bring her back to me. I would never be able to hold her hand ever again.

-

I had all and then most of you

Some and now none of you

Take me back to the night we met

-

I couldn't stop shaking as the police came along with the paramedics. The officers asked me questions, but I couldn't answer. I could only keep my eyes trained onto her dead body as she was placed into the ambulance. Nobody was rushing. I wanted' them to rush. I wanted to scream at them that she was still alive and she should be standing next to me right now. I would never see her again.

-

I don't know what I'm supposed to do

Haunted by the ghost of you

Take me back to the night we met

-

I stand in front of (Y/n)'s grave as I remember that night she was ripped away from me, tears slipping down my face. I take a shaky breath and reach into my pocket to pull out the small black box. I kneel down on one knee in front of her.

"(Y/n), would you do me the honor of making me the happiest man alive and marry me?" My voice cracked and I gently placed the box down onto the grass in front of her gravestone, knowing I would never receive an answer from her.

I bury my head in my hands and let out a strangled cry. I lift my head up and gaze longingly at her headstone. If only I purposed a day sooner, she would still be here with me. I would still be able to tell her that I love her, I would be able to hold her close to me as I feel asleep, I would have a chance of having a family.

I know I will never know why she did it. I sigh and begin to pick a small hole into the ground. Once the hole is about two inches deep and I pluck the ring from the box and place it inside the hole. I cover it with a thin layer of dirt and bring myself to my feet.

She will never know how much I love her. She will never be able to hold the small child that was growing in her stomach she didn't know about. I will never be able to hold my wife ever again. I will never be able to meet my child.