5.

"Sooo...how was it?"Alexx asked quietly
"How was what?"
"The CSI training."
"Fine, Alexx. "
"You don't sound fine, Timmy" she sighed
"I'm just tired.Really. "
"How's the girl? "
"You mean Courtney? "
"Yeah."
"She's nice".
"Just nice?"
"No...she's smart, too".
"Pretty? "
"I don't know...yeah. I guess so. So what?"
"Nothing, baby. Just asking."
"I know this tone, Alexx. Stop it."
"Tim, you should start anew. I'm not saying Courtney is a good step, but you must be open to others."
"Who's saying that...what about Calleigh?"
"Baby you know I'm fond of her.
And support her. And the situation that happened between the two of you is difficult. But I also see that you treat her as a friend. Don't have any more feelings than a frienship. So simply live your life, and don't try to fit into other people's imagery of you. You've done that all your childhood haven't you?"
"Yeah."
"So stop".
"So what do you suggest me to do huh?"
"Talk to Calleigh. Tell her about your feelings-she'll get hurt, yes, but will survive. Treat her like a dear friend as always, but live your own life, Timmy. Your life - your choices. Don't forget that. Fight. Pass the exams. Come back to us but be happy..."
I sat down. "Why are you telling me that?"
"Because I see how you struggle. Struggle between being loyal and being happy"
"I'm not unhappy Alexx, you're exagerrating a bit."
"Maybe, but I had to say that. You know I treat you as my own. It had to be said. "
"Did I mention I love you, Alexx?"
"Not recently" she smiled.
"Talk to her. Then take Courtney out. As far as I know she's single.
"How d'you know?"
"She works as a CSI for a long time now. I really like her. She's a good choice as your trainer I must say."
"Why isn't she working with H?"
"That's a long story. "
"Will you tell m....?"
"No" she said too fast. "You must ask her yourself. But not just yet. All I can tell you is that she graduated from Columbia few years after you."
"Oh.So Newyorker too."
"Yeah. She's a great CSI. And a beautiful young lady. If you like her, you should take her out faster than the homicide officers who plan it everyday" she smiled.
"Well, if they don't succeed, why would I?"
"Cause you're a nerd and she likes guys with brain instead of big guns and muscles."
"Oh. Do I look so bad?"
"Not too bad. But go to the hairdresser's, shave and get some weight. Gym isn't a bad place, dear."
"Yeah, I know. Thanks again".
"No problem"
I finished work at 1.p.m. Had a lot of time to think over all Alexx told me and decided to call Cal and talk to her.
She sounded surprised to hear me, but agreed to meet me at lunchbreak.
When I saw her sitting on the beach I felt guilty. She's so pretty although not my type, and so brainy, but I'm not involved. I wanted to tell her that..
"Cal"
"Tim. Hi. I'm glad you called. Thanks for the flowers but you needn't do that."
"I had to, Cal. We need to talk. "
"Yes."
"Cal...it's hard for me to tell you all that after so many years I've known you. I think you're so beautiful, and I'd be honoured to get involved with you" she smiled so shiny I've never seen before.
"But... "She suddenly looked at me seriously "but... I don't feel it. I treat you like a friend, and love you as my sister, but nothing more."
She hung her head." I thought so".
"I'm sorry"
"Don't be. I understand. It's good you told me."
"I've tried, but it would be a fake and a lie. And I don't wanna lie, Cal. Not to you."
She suddenly hugged me. "Doesn't matter now. I'm still so happy you're alive."
"Cal let's be true- why me? All the guys you've picked before were completely different- more sporty, muscular, great with guns...I'm neither of them. "
"But you're sensitive ,Tim. That's the difference."
"Well. It's not too good for a man I guess. "
"Whatever. Come back to us fast. And I'll always hold you dear. "
"I know. Me too. We're good?"
"We're good."
"I'm training Cal. I'm trying."
"I've heard. With Walsh?"
"Yep. You know her?"
"Sure. We sometimes meet at the scene. Nice girl she is, and lucky."
"Lucky?"
"She's been shot last year. By her boyfriend- detective. Hardly made it. Didn't you know?"
"Nope."
"Probably that's why you're assigned to her. She's still being guarded by the policeman until the guy is caught."
"They didn't catch him yet?"
"Nope. He just disappeared after that. "
"I didn't see a policeman around."
"Look closely. A tall blond guy."
"Somebody shouted at her at the shooting range."
"That was probably him. Be careful, ok?"
"Yep. Thanks for telling me."
"Sure. And Tim- I hope this conversation won't affect the relationship between us as friends."
"No, it won't. I have to go. See you in the morgue. "
"Funny place to see a girl" she chuckled. When I was leaving, I saw she was sad, but the tension between us was finally gone.