Blurring The Lines {6}

Jordan and I got dressed and left the dorm building together the next morning. I hadn't brought up the Maroons or the Peer Program to him again yesterday, just went back to the room and did the rest of my homework.

                I saw no point in doing homework, but if it got me out of the Peer Program, I'd endure it for a few weeks. But, oh god, there was so much work at this Academy.

                "If you ever want to grab dinner after the Peer Program, just text me," Jordan said. He'd insisted on us exchanging numbers yesterday in case I ever needed his help with anything. I'd finally given in, sick of arguing over it.

                "I won't want to, but I'll keep that in mind," I said.

                We reached the academic building and went inside together. We walked down to the classroom and entered, kids talking excitedly.

                "Jordan!" One of Jordan's friends, a boy named Lenny, ran up to us. "Dude, guess what?"

                "What?" Jordan asked, looking around the room. "What happened?"

                "The Maroons somehow got into Mr. Sudlow's computer. I heard they went into his emails and messed around with them. They also uploaded inappropriate things to his laptop," Lenny said.

                Jordan's expression darkened. "Who was it this time?"

                "They're thinking the usual suspects. The details of what they did aren't clear for the students yet," Lenny said. "Mr. Sudlow is pissed, though. He just found out they messed with his laptop about an hour ago when he got to the Academy."

                Jordan glanced at me, and I didn't like the gleam in his eyes. "You said you're in the Peer Program with Jin Amano, right?"

                "Unless there are two white haired boys with the same strange first name, I'll just assume that's his last name," I said.

                Jordan clapped Lenny on the shoulder with a grin. "Don't worry about it. They'll get what's coming to them."

                Lenny returned the grin. "I'll text you after classes, Jordan."

                "Well, that was horribly creepy," I said as Lenny left to take his seat.

                "Mr. Constance is pretty good about keeping the Maroons in line, but sometime he needs a little help from us," Jordan said, which explained absolutely nothing but gave me a bad feeling in my gut.

                I shook of the bad feeling and shrugged, taking my seat. Jordan left to go take his seat, the conversation dropping.

                I didn't want to know what he and his friends were up to. Whatever it was, it probably wasn't anything good.

                Mr. Townsend entered the room a few minutes later. The class instantly quieted and looked to him eagerly.

                "Students, as you may have heard, there was an incident this morning," Mr. Townsend started. "Maroon students violated Mr. Sudlow's laptop. The incident is being looked into thoroughly, though I'm sure we all know who the main suspects are. Please, keep up your duty to this Academy while staying within its rules."

                Kids had sharp grins at that, and I felt like I was surrounded by sharks. They looked hungry for something, and I was just glad my blue vest kept their appetite away from me.