Blurring The Lines {17}

The weekend went by way too fast for my liking. My parents called me both Saturday and Sunday, though I left out me leaving campus when I talked to them. I just let them think I sat around reading all weekend.

                I spent most of my time in the library reading so that I could avoid Jordan and his friends. Jin and his friends didn't bother me, and I didn't see any of them after Saturday.

                But now I walked into Mr. Townsend's class, knowing Jin was going to have me carry out his plan later. I took my usual seat and looked around the room, hoping I wouldn't get caught when I came in here later.

                "Hey, Kai, do you want to get dinner after you get out of the Peer Program?" Jordan asked, coming up to my desk.

                "No," I said.

                He laughed. "Aw, come on, dude. We need to talk to you."

                "I really don't care," I said. "I'm not getting dinner with you. Leave me alone."

                "Jordan." Mr. Townsend walked up to us. "Mr. Constance wanted me to send you down to his office. He said he had to speak with you about something."

                Jordan nodded at him before turning back to me. "Just think about it, Kai."

                He left the classroom and I leaned back, relieved I wouldn't have to deal with him. Monday morning was not a good time to have Jordan getting in my face. I was so tired.

                My first three classes passed with me just barely managing to stay awake. By the time we were let out for lunch, I hurried my way to the dining hall. I took the elevator up and got myself coffee with my lunch.

                I sat by myself, keeping my head down in case Jordan was looking for me. That asshole seemed to think that just because I was "helping" him now, I'd just forget about the way him and the other Blues had treated me.

                I was so tired I found myself going back for a second cup of coffee before lunch ended. The last three classes of the day were slightly more bearable, but I still wished I could just ditch the Peer Program and take a nap back in my room.

                Unfortunately, I knew they'd just send someone to drag me down to the Peer Program. So I saved them the trouble and dragged myself down to the room when classes let out.

                Lev looked up as I entered. "You look tired. Did you get enough sleep last night?"

                "What are you, my mom?" I said in annoyance, taking my usual seat. "No, I didn't get enough sleep. I'm running on two cups of coffee and when those run out, I'm going to sleep for the rest of my damn life."

                The door opened before Lev could respond to that. Jin and Karson entered, followed by Isaac.

                "Don't forget about our plan," Jin said to me, dropping into his seat. "Go to the classroom before the building closes and make sure you leave the door unlocked. We'll cover for you."

                "And if the Blues ask, we're meeting in the library later," Karson said, grinning. "I can't wait for a good fight."

                "You won't get a good fight. They'll throw some punches and the guards will kick us out of the library," Jin said. "You know how the students hate it when us getting our asses beat for no apparent reason distracts their studying."