Blurring The Lines {28} END

"Where are you going?"

                I looked over at my roommate, Dylan. After everything settled a bit, I put in a request to get rid of Jordan. Caroline and the headmaster approved it, moving Jordan to a new room so I could keep my first floor accommodations. My new roommate ended up being a fairly decent kid named Dylan. He minded his own business, rarely bothered me, and knew to take a hint if I didn't feel like talking to him.

                "I'm going to Jin's," I said.

                It was common knowledge around campus now that I was dating Jin. The Blues had given me shit at first, but as Caroline started making changes, they left me alone. She didn't take well to homophobia on the campus.

                "Your future headmaster is a gay man," she'd said during an assembly. "I dare you to call him a faggot and see what happens to you."

                That had calmed things down pretty fast. In fact, a lot of the work Caroline was doing was easing the tensions. She planned to have the Blues and Maroons work together starting next year, but for now, she was just focusing on preventing another big fight.

                "Oh, have fun," Dylan said.

                He and I had packed up our room today. We were dressed in our uniforms since we'd had an assembly this morning, but today was the day we finally got to leave Constance Academy.

                I left the dorm building, walking my way towards Jin's. The physical education program had been frustrating at first, but my teacher was surprisingly patient with me and in the end, I felt like I could walk just a little better.

                I knew I'd never walk without a cane again, but it was nice to have my bad leg feel a little stronger. I could walk longer without it getting sore now. I'd never be the same outdoors Kai I used to be before the accident, but at least now I could take a little walk without wanting to chop my own leg off.

                I reached Jin's dorm and he looked up at me. He was leaning on the wall by the door.

                "Hurry up," he said, pushing the brim of his hat up. He had a straw in his mouth, and he pushed it to the side as I approached.

                "Let us in," I said.

                He swiped his I.D. and we entered the dorm. I took the elevator up and met him at his room.

                We entered, and the others looked over at me. Karson was sitting on his bed, Lev and Amelia sat at his desk, and Isaac was lying on Jin's bed. They're room was packed up and ready to go.

                "Crip," Karson said, grinning. "You won't get to see us every day anymore."

                "Thank god," I said in relief. 

                "Rude. I think you're going to miss me," Karson said.

                "I'm going to miss the toilets more than I miss you," I said.

                "Lev, call 911," Amelia said urgently, shaking him. "I need to report a murder."

                "Oh, shut up," Karson said, flipping her off.

                "What are you guys planning over the summer?" Lev asked.

                Jin shrugged. "Whatever happens, happens."