Blurring The Lines {27}

I was getting dressed for class the next morning when the door to our dorm opened. Jordan hadn't spoken to me, just shaken his head and muttered "Maroon loving faggot" when I came back from Jin's dorm last night.

                A Blue I didn't recognize entered the room. "Kai, you're not going to class. Headmaster Constance wants you down in his office."

                "Thank god. Now I can get away from this whiny bitch," I said, grabbing my cane and leaving the room before Jordan could reply to that.

                I left the dorm building and made my way towards the building Headmaster Constance's office was in. It was early, so I was wondering if I was the first victim of his punishment.

                We'd ended up in Jin's and Karson's room for most of last night, with pizza, wings, and soda. We'd played music and they'd shared stories of their past schemes before I'd come to the Academy. I heard about the worst things they'd endured at the Academy, from the abuse of the teachers to the abuse of the Blues and the emotional manipulation Mr. Constance used when they were sent to him.

                They told me the stories they'd heard about Beckett Townsend and Kaz Warrick. Apparently, those two had made quite the names for themselves when they were students here. Jin told me some of his teachers were still bitter about the things Kaz Warrick had done to them a decade ago.

                I entered the building and took the elevator up. I approached Headmaster Constance's office and stopped, the hallway blocked off by Mr. Constance.

                Jin, Karson, Lev, Amelia, and Isaac were standing there. Mr. Constance watched me as I approached, his eyes sharp.

                "Ah, there's our last rebel," he said. "Now the gang is all together."

                "Get out of the way," I said. "We're here because the headmaster wants to talk to us, not because some tossed-aside, irrelevant asshole wants to throw a tantrum."

                "Kai," Lev said in horror.

                "I was raised my whole life to inherit this Academy," Mr. Constance said, giving us all a dirty look.

                "Cool. We didn't ask," I said.

                Mr. Constance fixed that look on me. "You have no idea what you've all done. You've doomed Constance Academy. My father was always far too lenient with my sister. She doesn't have what it takes to run the Academy. And my brother? My brother is a pampered child. The favorite of the bunch who was spoiled until he was useless. They will destroy this Academy."

                "Good," Karson said. "It's a shitty place anyways."

                "Your family drama doesn't concern us. I don't care if you're jealous over your siblings. Get out of our way," Jin said.

                "Go bitch to someone who cares," I said.

                "Jin and Kai are such a bitchy power couple," Amelia whispered to Lev.

                "Jin and Kai are going to die if they keep this up," Lev whispered right back.

                "You are children with no futures, who have just ruined my family's Academy. I hope you go down in the Academy's history as the first students to be expelled." He straightened up, face composed. "You haven't won. When my father sees that my siblings aren't fit to run the Academy, he'll hand it back to me. It's just a matter of time and careful planning."