Chapter 9

Jimin's POV

We got out of the car and went towards the building.

"Good afternoon Mr.Park." The guard greeted me and I nodded in reply. We went inside and stalked Jihyo.

This is my family's sub-company. It's weird to see Jihyo here because THIS IS A FREAKIN FACTORY.

"Jimin? Jihyo disappeared!" Mina said. I looked around and Jihyo is nowhere to be found.

"Aish where did she go?" I muttered while brushing my hair with my hands.

Suddenly we saw a girl coming towards the wrapping section of the factory. I dragged Mina to follower her. I was shocked to see that Jihyo is wearing the uniform of the factory workers. She started wrapping the products, not even noticing us.

"Jihyo?" I called her. She stiffened and slowly looked at us.

"W-what are you doing here?" She stuttered.

"We should be the one to ask you that. What are you doing in a factory?" Mina asked. Jihyo couldn't answer.

"I-I'm working here." She said. Working? Why is she working in this age?

"For what?" I asked. There was a long silence before she speak.

"Sorry for not telling you this a long time ago, but my family has a big problem right now." She said.

"A company bought our property. We can only have it back by paying them 3 million dollars. So here I am." She continued. Mina held her shoulders.

"Ya! Why didn't you tell us that you have a problem?" Mina cried. It really hurts because we are her friends. Why would she keep this to herself?

"Sorry-"

"Aren't we friends?" I asked with a cracked voice.

"We're friends! That's why I kept it to myself. I don't want you to get worried about me." She cried. I looked away. My eyes got teary when I saw the two of them crying.

"Does your parents know about this?" Mina asked. I looked at Jihyo and saw her shooked her head as a no.

"I don't want them to know about this. If they found out that I'm working. They might reject the money I earned." Jihyo explained. I sigh in frustration.

"You're not going to work." I said and dragged her to the employees locker room. Mina followed us.

"Ya! Wae? Do you want my house to get demolished?!" She angrily asked and pulled her hand out of my grip.

"No! I will lend you money and you will stop working." I said pointing my fingers at her. She slapped it away.

"I'm not going to use my friend's money for my own problem." She said. Mina stood between us and calmed us down.

"Guys, calm down. I don't want to see the both of you fighting." She said. I saw Jihyo's tears streaming down her cheeks so I took a deep breath before walking closer to her. I lightly pushed Mina to the side and quickly hugged Jihyo.

"I'm sorry." I said. She hugged back and cried in my arms. Mina joined and we happily made a group hug.

"Next time don't keep any secrets from us okay?" I asked her. She nodded as I ruffled her hair.

"Come on. I'll drive you home." I said. We already reached the door but Jihyo is still not moving from her place.

"Is there any problem?" Mina asked.

"I still have work remember?" She smiled. I looked at Mina and we chuckled.

"I, Park Jimin, dismisses you from your work but you will still receive your payment at the end of the week." I said. She looked confused.