Chapter 16

Jihyo's POV

"Jihyo, tell me what happened." Mina said. She got near my face so I quickly pushed her head away.

"Nothing happened." I said.

"What do you mean nothing? You entered the classroom with Jungkook and the two of you are laughing. That is definitely SOMETHING." She said. I really can't tell if she's angry or what. She's so demanding right now.

"Okay, okay. I'll tell you what happened." Then I told her everything starting from yesterday and up to the present.

"So one thing is clear... You are now friends with that bastard." She asked to make it clear. I nodded in reply.

"Ugh, I still can't believe that you forgave him." She said frustratedly.

"Mina, you know that we should forgive people right? No matter how much pain they gave us." I said and held her hand. She pouted while looking at me.

"But I just don't want you to get hurt again." She said. Aw my bestfriend really loves me.

"Why would you even think of that?" I asked her. I don't get her. At all.

She stared at me before looking away.

"Ya, just go straight to the point." I told her. She looked at me again before letting out a sigh.

"I don't want you to get hurt because you might fall for him." She said. Did I heard that right? 'You might fall for him' are you kidding me?

"Me? Fall for him? Ya, can you even hear what you're saying right now?" I said while pointing at myself.

"Just because we're friends doesn't mean I will automatically fall for him." I told her seriously. She looked at me with worry in her eyes but I just gave her a sweet smile.

Lunch time...

After eating my lunch. I went straight to Mr. Kang, our math teacher, to give the form for the quiz bee. To my surprise, Jungkook was also there.

"Oh, Jihyo. Right on time." Mr. Kang said. I bowed to him before handing the form.

"Since the both of you are already here. I want you to start studying this afternoon. You're already excused for this week and the next few weeks but if you want to attend some of your classes it's fine." He said. Jungkook and I nodded and after that he dismissed us.

I got out of the faculty room and was about to walk back to class when someone called me.

"Jihyo, wait up!" I heard Jungkook so I quickly turned and look at him. When he got closer to me, he gave me a smile.

"Ya, stop smiling you idiot." I said while chuckling and started walking again.

"I can't because I'm not used to this but it makes me happy." He said. I looked at him and he was still smiling.

"You're so weird." I said. Well he's right. It does feel different now that we're friends.

"Actually, I want to tell you something." He said in a serious voice.

"What is it?" I asked. He looks irritated right now for some reason.

"I wouldn't be around this afternoon so I won't be able to study for the quiz bee." He said and lowered his head. Is that the reason why he looks so irritated? It's just a simple problem!

"We have lots of time Jungkook. Don't be pressured. You're only gone for half of the day." I said trying to cheer him up.

"But I'm so sick of this." He said and stopped walking.