Chapter 12

Jihyo's POV

I can see big machines and trucks outside our house. What's happening here? I looked around and saw my dad talking to one of the workers. I was very confused but something hit me...

It's the demolition day...

I saw my dad walking back inside the house.

"What did they say?" Mom asked. Dad sighed and hugged her.

"Sorry hun, but they won't really give us more time." Dad said and started to cry. I felt tears streaming down my cheeks. I'm also crying.

"EVERYONE INSIDE THE HOUSE! PLEASE LEAVE NOW!" A man shouted from outside. My parents looked alarmed and rushed to their room.

I really don't know what to do now. I'm just staring at my parents packing stuffs from their room.

"YA! GET OUT OF THE HOUSE NOW!" The man earlier yelled once again.

I came back to my senses and flinched. My parents started to take things outside the house. I saw a box of my medals and some personal files. I took it and walked outside of the house. Chaeyoung was already there so I handed it to her. I was about to go back when the demolition started. My parents are still inside...

A few minutes later, they pushed my parents out of the house. They stumbled and fall. I run towards them and helped them to get up. I don't get it why people are so rude when it comes to business. They just literally care for themselves and doesn't care about the people they are hurting.

After helping my parents, I run to their manager and begged for more time but he pushed me away. Since I was so desperate to get my things inside the house, I pushed everyone aside and run towards the front door. I was nearly there when they stopped me. Two men brought me to my parents and gave me a death glare.

"Eomma, why do they have to do this to us?" I asked while crying. She hugged me and started to cry.

"I don't know Jihyo, but this is how the world works." Mom said. Yeah this is how the world works. If you don't have money, you're just nothing but a small piece of dirt. If you have money, everyone will hail and follow you. What a cruel world...

We we're just standing there while crying. It's so hard for me to watch our house fall apart. That house is full of memories. Memories that I will not forget because that made me who I am and I will keep on holding to those memories to be strong and brave to face the challenges in my life.

3rd person's POV

"Jihyo! Answer the freakin phone!" Jimin muttered as he waited for Jihyo to answer the call. He kept on calling Jihyo for 15 times already, yet she haven't answered any of it. He started to feel uneasy. Jihyo is not the type of person who will make you wait once you called her.

He grabbed his jacket and car keys and went out of their house. He started his car and drove right away to Jihyo's house.

Meanwhile, Jihyo was staring at their house that was halfway destroyed. Her eyes doesn't seem to run out of tears but then she noticed a car parked not that far away from them. She ignored it and continued to cry.

The man came out of the car and looked at the house. 'Wait, isn't that Jihyo's house?' He asked in his mind. He looked at Jihyo and his eyes softens as soon as he saw her crying. He walked closer to her and tapped her shoulder. She turned around and was shocked to see him but after that she quickly hugged him and cried in his arms. She doesn't care who it is. Even though...

.

.

.

...it's Jungkook.