Chapter 13

Jihyo's POV

After we finished our breakfast, someone knocked on the door. "I'll go get it." Chaeyoung said and stood up from her chair.

"Oh! Goodmorning Jungkook oppa!" She cheerfully said. As soon as I heard the name 'Jungkook' I turn around and looked at him. What is he doing here?

"Goodmorning Chaeyoung." He said while smiling. Then after that he turned his gaze to me so I quickly stood up and placed my plate on the sink.

"Please come in." Chaeyoung said and brought Jungkook to the living room.

"Jungkook, what are you doing here early in the morning?" My dad asked. I can hear them even though I'm in the kitchen, this is an apartment remember?

"I'm just checking if everything's okay here." He said.

I have no intention to listen to their conversation so I decided to go to my room. I passed through them, not even laying an eye on one of them. I went inside and sat on the edge of the bed. Suddenly the door opened and it revealed... Jungkook.

3rd person's POV

"Jihyo, is everything okay?" Jungkook asked. Jihyo ignored him and stared at her hands.

"Well... I'm just checking if you're okay." He said. He turned around and was about to go out when Jihyo said something unexpectedly.

"Thank you." She blurted out. Jungkook froze before smiling.

He turned around again and faced her. "You're welcome." He said. Jihyo stood up and looked at him.

"You know it feels weird that you're here... Helping the girl that you always bully. Helping your one and only enemy." Jihyo said. Jungkook kept silent, not knowing what to say.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked while looking straightly in Jungkook's eyes.

"I want to help you." Jungkook said. It was full of sincerity but Jihyo ignored it.

"But why? You already did so many hurtful things to me. You even burned my notes and my books because the quarterly examination is near." She said. She gritted her teeth to control her anger.

"Jihyo, I'm not the one who did that. I promise. I will not do anything like that. I'm a person who wants a fair battle when it comes to school ranking." Jungkook said.

"Fair? You consider yourself as a fair person? Jungkook, did you even remember the things that you did to me? Do you think all of it are fair?" Jihyo scoffed. She couldn't control her feelings anymore. A tear fell out of her eye.

"It's not but... the one with your books. I really didn't do that." Jungkook said. He looked at her eyes like he is convincing her that he is telling the truth. After that Jihyo took a deep breath before speaking again.

"But why are you helping me?" She asked. Jungkook didn't hesitate one bit before answering...

"Because... I wanted to say sorry for everything." He said. Jihyo couldn't believe what she just heard. 'Is this really the Jeon Jungkook I know? The bully one. The merciless one?' She asked in her mind. She knew Jungkook for so many years. She knows that Jungkook won't easily say sorry to a person unless it's his parents or it has a special reason behind it.

"I wanted to say sorry because I realized that... you already received too much pain from everything that I did. Also, I noticed that, I changed a lot since I really wanted to beat you, so that my parents would be proud of me. And I thought that, I shouldn't do it this way. I shouldn't be hurting someone just to show a better side of me to my parents. I should beat you fairly... So, I'm really really sorry for everything." Jungkook said with a serious tone. Jihyo just stared at him. She still couldn't believe that Jungkook is apologizing to her right now. She was speechless.