Chapter 19

Jihyo's POV

It's been a month now since Jungkook and I were selected to represent our school for the annual math and history quiz bee. We prepared so much for this so I hope that we could at least get a place from the top three.

We were instructed to be at school at 6AM so here I am waiting inside the bus. We were nearly complete and still waiting for three students and one of them is Jungkook. It was his first time being late with no excuses I think.

"Jihyo Unnie, where is Jungkook Oppa? Shouldn't he be here with you right now?" Yoojung, who came from the lower grade, asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked because it looks like she is pointing something different from what I understand.

"I mean, you usually go to school together so it's so pretty unsual that he's still not here and isn't he your boyfriend?" She said. I gave her a questioning look. Why does everyone say that he's my boyfriend?!

"First of all, my father sent me here so I really don't know where Jungkook is. And second, he is not my boyfriend. We're not in a love relationship. We're just FRIENDS." I told her. She still gave me those suspicious looks while smirking at me.

"Yoojung-ah stop that or else..." I warned her. She sheepishly smiled at me and mumbled a sorry.

I stared outside the window watching some of the students enter the school premises. I check the time and it's already 6:30 AM. Jeon Jungkook where are you?

I was about to call him through my phone when I felt a presence beside me. There, was Jungkook sitting prettily like he wasn't the cause of our delay.

"Ya! Why are you late?" I asked him after hitting his shoulder. He rubbed the part where I hit him and made a painful expression.

"Can't you even say good morning first?" He asked back.

"What's good in the morning if we're gonna be late for the quiz bee?" I asked and shot him some death glares.

"Well actually, I am not the one who is at fault here. It's you." He said and pointed at me. Why me?

"Why would it be me? I came here at exactly 6AM." I said. The bus started to leave the school going to it's destination.

"And I waited outside the apartment building for 25 minutes that's why I'm late." He said.

"And what are you doing outside of the apartment?" I asked once again and crossed my arms lifting one eyebrow.

"I already told you last time. Every school days I'm going to fetch you from the apartment and drive you back after classes." He explained. So he was also serious during that time?

"And I already told you that I can just go to school by myself." I said.

"No you can't. It's dangerous for you to go back and forth from school." He reasoned out. I really don't get his point right now.

"Yes I can. I'm already a matured teenager. I can take care of myself." I shot back.

"No, you still can't." He said.

We continued to argue about that topic since no one wants to lose and give in for the other one. We finally reached the venue and as we got off the bus, each and everyone of us took time to look around. The venue is a big gymnasium at Shinji University. I don't know why but this place have some strange aura on it.

"Students, please follow me." One of the teachers from our school said.

We went inside and saw different uniforms from different schools. While one our way to our designated area, I heard some girls squealing.