The Need To Meet

Present Day, Eren's P.O.V.

Captain Levi had ordered me to stay back with Hanji behind Wall Sina trying to learn to control the Titans. I am still finding it difficult to forgive Reiner and Bertholdt for their betrayal. The good memories of how we spent our time together talking, exchanging dreams and helping improve ourselves during practice came flooding into my mind every now and then. To keep my mind off of things Mikasa and Armin had requested Hanji to place me under the military police, temporarily, just until the locations of the two traitors and Ymir were found. Obviously I was against it but Captain Levi had put me under strict orders to do as Hanji said.

"It's just until everybody heals enough to fight back ,Eren. Stop fretting, you need rest too. At least we can fix all the criminal activities here. The titans don't seem to be that troublesome anymore so just bare with it." Armin said as he patted my back. Apparently Armin decided to join me here to keep me company, Mikasa tried to stay too but I told her to go help the scouts as I will be out of danger behind the Wall Sina.

Just then the new recruits of the military police, Marlo and Hitch were heading towards me with caution until Armin rushed forward and assured them that I was no danger. I saw Marlo calm himself and give me a welcoming smile however Hitch on the other hand just pouted and gave that "stay away from me " look.

Marlo informed me that he was left in charge while the seniors were in a 'meeting'. I caught up with what he meant by them being busy but I knew that this is what I should expect, except for Marlo of course.

While on our rounds we came across some petty arguments between the so-called high class. We even saw some soldiers slacking off but we decided to stay put and ignore. Although I of course had decided to inform General Pixis of this in our next encounter.

A few days had passed and I was informed that they had caught a titan to help me train. At first they wanted me to practise on basic movements such as standing up and seating him. It was not as easy as I expected it to be, because to keep them under my control for as long as we wanted was very difficult.

Every night Mikasa would visit us and catch up on all the progress and it seems that there haven't been any sudden attacks by the Beast Titan or any other intelligent titan for that matter.

A week has gone by and once again I am on my usual petrol with the others. While on duty the four of us (me, Armin, Hitch and Marlo) overheard some women gossiping about the Lady Anstern and her upcoming birthday the next month and the duties to be imposed on her. Just that name was enough to spark my interest. It had been so long that I had met her that I can't even remember what she looked like.

That afternoon we were at an inn having our dinner with a few other friends of Hitch. We cracked jokes and me and Armin actually had a good time. At that inn there were all sorts of people to come across, some who were those snobbish rich merchants, some who had love life issues and so on... I just rolled my eyes at them. One particular conversation however caught my attention. A few tables away, their were a group of senior soldiers who were known to be on private guard duty for the nobles. Sure, they get paid a lot but I'm sure they brag more than they earn. Apparently they were acquainted with Marlo and they decided to join our table.

They bragged on for how alert and vigilant they have to be while on duty but their bragging seemed to lead to their ulterior motives. One soldier Martin began,"Lady Anstern is a beauty beyond compare. You wouldn't even believe her to be the General's granddaughter. That long bluish-black hair always neatly tied to a high ponytail; those dark brown eyes that gives any soldier the will to keep moving forward; her complexion itself was perfectly clean fair like your friend Mikasa over there, only thing is that she has no scratches or bruises; but her fashion sense is a different matter... Unlike other noble ladies she doesn't seem to care to fit in with the rest, her style is her own, at the Anstern home she dresses in a long-sleeved blouse with a pair of trouser and boots. However when it comes to dinners and outside strolls she does not wear the everyday long frilly gowns of today, instead she wears a long-sleeved knee-length frock with a matching pair of heels. One look fellas and you can say she is of noble blood..." then Terrance continued his admiration,

"Just one look of interest from her brown eyes could make my day but alas, she only shows interest in the soldiers that seem to stand out from the rest except I can't see how to do that with the uniforms we wear..."

I was quite annoyed to see how they could worry over such a thing in a situation like this. "To make her wife is my wish to be fulfilled before my death!" I was quite startled to find Martin claim that. We all were quite intrigued about this Lady Anstern but we couldn't help but laugh at these two love-sick soldiers.

That night in my room, I was wondering what sort of personality Lady Anstern would have today and what she would think of me being a titan shifter. She did seem to believe in me four years ago in that field. "It'd be nice to meet Erica again..." with that I could feel myself drifting away.

***********************************************************************************************

Hi guys, I had some extra time to write the next chapter so please enjoy reading! Let me know if the story sounds too away from the attack on titan story and let me know If you wish for any changes. If it is boring, please help me make it interesting! Thanks all!