Aunt Dolly, Why?!

Erica's P.O.V.

That night my mother decided to stay with me so I was feeling much safer and much reassured that Crazor will not visit me but I was still finding it impossible to believe of what Aunt Dolly did. I wanted to tell my mother but I was too exhausted to say anything that I just drifted into sleep.

The Next Morning

I wore my favorite ensemble (the same dress she wore on the day she met Eren again) and I headed down for breakfast. On my way to the dining room I walked past a door in which I heard Aunt Dolly's voice and Crazor's voice. The door was closed so I couldn't clearly make out the whole talk. But I was certain that they were chuckling about how foolish I was to think that Eren would come back for me.

As I listened I was gritting my teeth when I realized that their footsteps were heading towards the door and I decided to keep walking and pretend that I didn't know they were in the same room but by the time the came out, I had already seated myself at the dinner table.I was still pondering over the fact that Aunt Dolly was conspiring against me with Crazor when I was brought back to the breakfast with my father's question.

"Erica dear, I would like to know what your nightmare was about." I looked down at the food in front of me when I heard my aunt reply for me,

"Brother, don't question her, don't make her remember that moment again."

"I guess you're right" and we silently had our breakfast and I was quite relieved to know that we were leaving this wretched house.

On my way back, my aunt requested that she ride with me to privately speak to me about the wedding formalities. I knew she didn't have that in mind and I waited patiently for her to explain herself.

*Time Skip To Inside The Carriage*

The two of us were now alone inside and I decided to break out a conversation. "Aunt Dolly why did you not tell father of Crazor's sexual advances on me?"

"Child, first let me tell you that I know that you and that sorry excuse for a soldier still love each other and you do not wish to marry Crazor."

"So why do you not support us?"

"It is hopeless. Don't you see, either that boy is after your money or status not your love. After some weeks he will leave you and you will be left to feel a lot of betrayal and pain."

"No! Eren is not like that. I am sure that he is fighting for me and all humanity. Why d you speak ill of him? He hasn't offended you ha he?"

"I will not speak on that matter but I have persuaded my brother to bring up the wedding to next week."

"What?!" I was too shocked to hear that but I didn't want to change the subject so I kept pushing.

"By the way, Aunt Dolly has this situation happened to you? Had you betrayed by your love who was only money-minded?" I saw my aunt's expression turn from anger to sad but just then the carriage pulled up in front of our house. I saw aunt Dolly rush out of the carriage and head up the stairs possibly to her room.

'Maybe something happened to her. But is she trying to protect me from a heartbreak'