Not One Of Us?

Erica's P.O.V.

I saw his face turn into a most amusing expression that I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

"What are you laughing about? I was broken when you told me tha-"

"Eren, you were able to make me smile again. Don't you see? After that night at Crazor's, I was too shook up to laugh genuinely with anyone. Only you can make me laugh..." immediately I was pulled into a kiss that made me melt in his arms. I could feel my legs feeling weak but I could also feel Eren's strong arms around me, supporting me.

When we parted we kept looking into each others eyes. We were caught up in our own little world. He led me to his bed and the two of us sat at the foot of it, holding hands as if something would tear us apart. There was a silence, not an awkward one but a peaceful one. But, Eren broke it.

"How can we convince your father about Crazor?", I sat there thinking, "We need to find a way for Crazor to confess in front of the entire public so that your father's name would not be ruined."

I immediately looked at Eren. He wasn't just thinking about how to get the two of us together but he was finding a way to keep my father's reputation.

"Thank you Eren! But when did Eren Jeager become so rational?"

"Oh... even Mikasa asked me that, I guess having responsibility has made me more..."

I was growing quite fed up with these abrupt knocks on the door that keep limiting my life span! But this interruption sounded rather forceful.

"Jeager! Open the door!" That was father! I was so shocked that I turned to Eren. But I immediately calmed down and nodded for him to let father in.

Eren opened the door and in came father and alongside him, Aunt Dolly. I was afraid, I have to admit that but I kept looking at my father because he had a pistol pointed straight at Eren. Without hesitation I jumped in front of him and told father, "If you shoot him, you will just be ruining your reputation further and have no heiress to the family household."

He hesitatingly lowered the pistol and he kept looking at Eren. But then he gave me a calm look and spoke, "Erica, what wrong have I done? I am just trying to protect you from humiliation and a heartbreak."

"Father, Eren is a valued soldier-"

"That's not what I meant. If he dies in battle, you will have no one to protect you and be at your side. You will most likely be a widow then. With that in mind, what about your future children? If they inherit the titan blood and Eren is not there to maintain the peace, not only your children but also you, will be made outcasts."

"But I won't die sir. I am a titan shifter and it is likely for me to not die instead, just regenerate."

"He won't die sir. I promised his mother that he won't die." Mikasa stepped in to the room and explained.

Again, there was am intrusion but this time by a soldier. "All soldiers have been called for duty! The titans have entered Wall Sina. We need Eren Jeager to block it up right away! Captain Levi's orders sir!" With that everyone rushed to their posts and I was taken back home. Before parting I looked at Eren and mouthed, 'Careful' and gave him a smile to cheer him on. He returned it and he was on his way to save us again.