chapter thirteen

Anna’s POV.

The flashes of camera’s blinded me as the piercing screams of reporters firing questions at us filled my throbbing ears. Pulling my ray bans over my eyes to avoid and of the disgraceful pictures paps were attempting to take I headed for the cab. Swarms of people surrounded us making it impossible to break free from the torture, the screams of young girls shouting names and asking for the boys was echoing through my brain as I struggled to move out of the trap we were stuck in. The camera flashes were like something out of a movie scene when the white flashes are all you can see and the silhouette of the person is barely visible due to the bright lights. I squirmed and wriggled for dear life I could hardly breathe, fans, reporters and paparazzi had caved in on us and huddled around us in a huge circle. Microphones and bits of recording signal were being thrust into my face nearly knocking me over in the process. I stood there unable to move I wasn’t too sure what to do, I could hear harry shout something to Liam but I couldn’t quite hear what. Louis and Zayn had gotten away and were now in the cab shouting at the people to move but they took no notice and continued to push us further. I landed with a thud on the ground, people trampling all over me. Liam must have heard what harry said because I felt a warm had under my legs as he picked me up bridal style. I suddenly felt safe in his large arms, now off the cold floor. Harry had been stood with Niall and a terrified looking Molly he swung his arm around her and picked her up as Liam had done with me. Smiling at her comfortingly I heard harry shout.

‘’Move!’’ he bellowed causing reporters to back off a little at his command as he walked with Molly in his arms and Niall close on his heel. I could see that Molly was shaking a little at the shock of it all but come to think of it I noticed I was also and Liam rocked me slightly as he walked for the door of the cab. He put me in carefully as I fell into harry’s arms he held me tightly. Liam however stayed out of the cab.

‘’what’s he doing?’’ Harry sighed, ‘’just watch’’ he whispered.

‘’I cannot believe you have just done that, you need to gain some respect that poor girl in there has just suffered one of the worst attacks and you throw her to the floor like that? Guys your supposed to be our fans and you’ve just seriously injured one of our fans. Im disappointed in you. And as for you!’’ he pointed to the reporters ‘’you should know full well that this is not what she wants now take your poxy story and pathetic pictures and get gone!!!’’ he bellowed causing me to jump slightly at his shouting.

‘’gain some respect’’ he muttered hanging his head in disappointment as he entered the cab. I engulfed him in a huge hug hiding my face in the crook of his neck.

‘’thank you’’ I sniffed just loud enough for the both of us to hear. He wrapped his large arms round my little body and hauled me onto his lap.

‘’anything for you beautiful’’ he replied again only just loud enough for me to make out what I he had said, I stared into his eyes disbelieving my hearing. He nodded and sighed knowing what I was thinking. I just simply wrapped my arms around his neck one last time before taking my place back at Harry’s side where I thought I truly belonged. Locking hands with him I looked over at Liam who was staring out of the window tears forming in his deep brown eyes. I noticed a tear trickle down his bronzed cheek, wiping it away quickly so nobody noticed he looked around quickly to check. His eyes lingering on my own a while longer when he saw me looking at him, he smiled apologetically before shaking his head as if he was disappointed in himself for some reason. I was bewildered I had no idea what was going on in his head and I was pretty sure I didn’t really want to know.

Liams POV (italic prints are his thoughts)

What am I doing? Pull yourself together Liam ,you do not feel for Anna, you can’t look how happy she is with harry. Omg ive messed up now.

I couldn’t help it every time I looked at her I just had the urge to hug or kiss her, every time she hugged me I just wished it was for a different reason, a more meaningful one. I loved the way every time she was happy she would lighten up the whole room and when she was sad everyone else was to. I loved the way she looked at me, like maybe I did mean something to her, she was my little angel I could stroke and play with her hair all day long and never get bored I liked the feel of her underneath my fingers. I liked the way her long blonde locks bounced off her petit shoulders when she walked. I couldn’t deny it anymore I was attracted to Anna Cowell and one of my bestfriends had her and there was nothing I could do about it. I let a small tear trickle down my cheek wiping it away and checking no one saw, I could feel eyes on me someone was watching me. I turned to see anna staring at me quizzically, her eyes full of concern. Shit she saw me cry. She gave me the ‘we will talk later look’ and I just nodded mentally kicking myself for crying. I couldn’t help the way I felt about her she was beautiful but I couldn’t be the one to tear her and harry apart.

Could i?