chapter six

Anna~

Pushing my confusing thoughts to the back of my messed up mind, I followed harry into the large dining room. Many pairs of eyes stared back at us. All the boys, my mum, and father and next to zayn a really pretty girl sat, her hair was fair, a light brown colour that brought out the darkness of her brown eyes, it was strange. In the light her eyes sparkled green but when they were covered they were a deep shade of hazelnut. Her skin was a little tanned and her natural looking makeup made her bright white smile stand out, she grinned at me. Gesturing me to sit next to her in one of the two empty seats. I sat down, smiling at her still rather confused as to who this stunner was, I felt quite out of place sat next to her she was gorgeous after all. Reaching up to my hair I pulled it free from the bobble letting my blonde locks cascade down my back. Sighing I turned to the girl.

‘’hey, I’m Anna’’ I smiled, holding out my right hand for her to shake.

‘’I know ‘’ she giggled taking my hand in hers.

‘’I’ve heard a lot about you’’ she smiled brightly her eyes twinkling. I suddenly didn’t feel so intimidated by this vision of beauty, just somewhat comfortable in her presence. She was quite clearly a very nice person, she seemed genuine so I was happy with her being here.

‘’and I’m molly, zayn’s girlfriend’’ she grinned, Zayn overheard and slipped his arm around her waist as she moulded into his side.

‘’nice to meet you’’ I smiled. I liked her. A lot. I felt a squeeze on my left knee, turning to my side to see harry smiling down at me.

‘’you know’’ he whispered leaning down, his hot breath tickling my neck.

‘’she might be pretty, but she’s not a patch on you’’. He grinned giving my hand a quick reassuring squeeze. Giggling I gave him a friendly pat on the chest and pushed him away.

‘’shut it styles’’ I grinned, laughing. I turned around to see my dad looking at me. He smiled before standing up and gesturing me to follow him through the double doors. Sighing I pushed back my chair and stood up.

‘’where you going?’’ harry pouted.

‘’dad wants me’’ I sighed, he gave me the ‘’why is that a bad thing’’ look so I gave him the ‘’speak later’’ look. He just nodded so I headed out the way my father had.

‘’hey hunny’’ he smiled slightly.

‘’hey’’ I said bluntly not showing any emotion, I didn’t really know how to act with him, he wasn’t exactly the kind of father every girl wants.

‘’look Anna, I know this has been hard for you, everything that’s happened and all but you just need to get ov-‘’ he said before I cut him off.

‘’NO DAD, I WILL NOT GET OVER IT. IT HAS HAPPENED, YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE, YOU DIDN’T HAVE TO GO THROUGH WHAT I DID. AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF YOU ACTED LIKE YOU DIDN’T CARE’’ I screamed not caring who could hear. Wet tears ran freely down my now bright red cheeks, turning on my heel I ran through to the dining room, everybody stared at me. I gulped.

‘’I’m skipping dinner’’ I whispered to my mum, who just nodded understandingly before I ran off up the stairs.

Harrys POV

‘’NO DAD, I WILL NOT GET OVER IT. IT HAS HAPPENED, YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE, YOU DIDN’T HAVE TO GO THROUGH WHAT I DID. AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF YOU ACTED LIKE YOU DIDN’T CARE’’ is all I heard, and by the looks of things every body else had heard it to. Everybodys heads snapped up and peared at the door that Anna and Simon had just walked out of. Mrs Cowell just shook her head and sighed, a hint of sadness now showing in her pale face. She put her head in her hands and everybody turned around and gave each other questioning glances. Was this what Anna had been so upset about? It was clearly a very touchy subject. The sound of the door opening caused everybody to snap their heads back up, including Anna’s mum. Silence took over as Anna ran in, tears fled down her cheeks, her eyes red and puffy her lip trembled slightly. She didn’t look at anyone, except just whisper.

‘’I’m skipping dinner’’ she managed to croke out to her mum, who just nodded. She knew what was going on and didn’t question her heartbroken daughter, instead just let her run out sobbing. To everybody else what had just happened was a mystery. The family had seemed happy, maybe they had some underlying problems that they tried to cover up. What it was had obviously hit Anna harder than anybody else. I was beyond confused. Mrs Cowell rose from her chair, twiddling her thumbs unsure of what to say. So I took it on my own initiative so I stood up and cleared my throat.

‘’boys, molly, how about we order in or go out for something to eat tonight?’’ I asked, knowing the answer already. The boys grinned thankful that I had saved them from an awkward meal that night.

‘’yeah sure’’ they all chorused. Standing up and heading for the door. Mrs Cowell smiled gratefully at me before walking out of the double doors to Simon.

I wandered up the stairs, deciding I could do with walking up the stairs to give me time to think about what I was going to say to Anna when  I reached her, I knew her a little and I knew she wasn’t okay like she made out, but whatever it was must be pretty serious, when she had entered the dining room crying, it was like everything around her has caved in as if she was the only person there, she took no notice in us, only her mum when they exchanged a few words. Shaking my head I bounced up the stairs, what would I say? She was so upset I didn’t know whether she would let me in, I just wanted to comfort her.

Standing infront of her bedroom door, I paused taking a deep breathe before knocking.

‘’who is it?’’ she croked from inside. Without bothering to answer I slowly pushed open the white door, causing it to make a low creaking sound, clearing my throat I stepped forward closing the door quietly behind me. A look of relief washed over her distraught tear stained face when she realised it was me, she was probably expecting her father or mother. I sat down beside her, she looked in pieces, her eyes were so red. She was crying, a lot. I pulled her into a hug placing her head on my chest as I wrapped my arms round her petite shoulders resting my chin on her head. I pulled away for a brief second planting a small simple kiss on her forhead causing her eyes to lighten a little as a small smile appeared on her face. It soon disappeared as tears began to fall once more.

‘’shh, I told her, I’m here now everythings okay Anna, I promise’’ I whispered in her ear, causing her to shudder at my touch.