chapter twenty three

Anna’s POV

Seeing him here was like a hue set back in my life, something I was trying to get rid of but seeing him again made it near on impossible the night terrors were bound to come back, the torturous memories of his angered face would linger in my mind for longer than ever, the look of smugness on his face when he realised what an impact he had made on my life made me feel sick, physically Ill, I couldn’t live in fear anymore i was nearly over it but now, I didn’t know what was in store for me he was under the same roof as my self, near my room anything could happen. As I ran through the deserted part of the hospital wards twisting and turning around the bends frantically spinning around in all directions terrified that he would jump out like the villain would in a horror. I shuddered I was sick to the back teeth of his silly little mind games, the way he could string you along and wrap you so hard around his little finger it almost made you feel dizzy. And that’s when I remembered that face, those eyes, that smirk and that voice it wasn’t him of course but his dad. In the hospital was my ex boyfriend Scott the one I thought I loved dearly the one that killed my brother. I was crying now, I knew who had put me into hospital that night I knew who had tried to kill me but had been unsuccessful of course it hadn’t been Scott he should be in prison but it was his dad. His prick of a dad that went by the name John, the man that had hated me from the start of mine and Scott’s relationship but had beard with me up until now. He had wanted revenge I had put his son in prison and he saw it as an easy way to attack me, with my brother out of the picture he only had to face my mum and dad and of course he knew exactly who they were and that it was likely they wouldn’t be around to protect their beloved daughter. Thinking about it all scared myself a little to much, beginning to panic as I lost my self deeper and deeper into the hospital corridors I could feel my heart beating against my chest loudly as it rose quicker every time I panted for breathe. I could feel the blood pumping around my body with so much force I thought I might explode. My face was bright red and droplets of sweat were starting to form on mg forehead as I carried on running completely lost in the depth of the hospital. eventually giving up I allowed my body to fall against the wall collapsing in a heap on the cold floor, pulling my legs up under my chin I cried silently into my arms weeping and sobbing at the memories. I wanted to die I didn’t want to go through the horror of him again I didn’t want to live in fear and watch my back every time I went out of the house. I wanted to be free, I needed to be broke free I wanted to be gone well and truly gone.