chapter twenty one

Anna’s POV

I awoke that morning feeling incredibly guilty for last night, yes of course Liam was a very very nice person and I have to admit a perfectly good kisser but he wasn’t harry. All the way through the kiss I had Harrys perfect green eyes glimmering at me in the back of my head disapprovingly. I’m not going to lie, I wanted more than anything to pull away but I was practically paralysed stuck to his lips It felt so right but I knew it was so wrong. Deciding I couldn’t just mope around on the sofa all day I felt the space next to me.

Empty.

‘’harry?’’ I called out into the deserted room.

No reply.

‘’harry?’’  I called again.

Again no response.

Nothing but silence.

Feeling a little bewildered at his sudden disappearance I decided to take a look around the house without waking anybody up I slipped out the door, climbing the stairs taking them two at a time to avoid any unnecessary creaking as I went.

The kitchen was empty.

Not a sole.

As was the living room.

 Ok now I was creeped out, it was like aliens had abducted him or something, I drew back the living room curtains confused at what I saw.

Harry.

He was stood looking out onto the water of our extremely deep swimming pool. He was concentrating so hard on the rippling water that his tongue was stuck out, he was deep in thought his brow furrowed slightly one raised a little higher than usual, I stayed rooted to the spot watching him carefully. Intrigued at what his plan of action was going to be.  He stayed there a while taking in the scenery watching the water move slowly in the early morning breeze, the sun was just about rising and an orange glow filled the sky. It was beautiful, Harry’s silhouette shaded in the brightness. What happened next shocked me a lot, confusion ran through my body before panic even began to arise. He stepped over the edge, plummeting through the deep water, waves crashing around him as the weight of his body caused him to sink, lower and lower into the pool. I didn’t know what to do, what was he doing?

He didn’t come back up.

I couldn’t move, I couldn’t breathe.

I screamed.

I screamed so loud I woke everyone up.

Louis ran to the scene diving in after a very lifeless Harry dragging him up from the water. My legs carried me to the scene dropping to my knees at his side. His eyes were closed, his face turning a nasty shade of purple as he failed to breathe in any oxygen.

‘’CALL 999’’ Louis screeched at the top of his lungs as Liam fumbled around in his pocket for his phone hurriedly dialling the number in panic. He was struggling to get his words out, sighing I dived up out of my position on the floor, pointed at harry telling him to take my position as I grabbed the phone from him.

‘’ambulance please, and quick.’’ I panted down the phone.

‘’okay my lovely where are you?’’ the nice lady asked very calmly down the phone.

‘’10 wren gardens, the Cowell residence’’ I recited the address I had told people many times.

‘’ah okay I’m guessing this is miss Anna Cowell then?’’ she asked politely.

‘’yes’’ I nodded. Even though she couldn’t see me.

Habit.

‘’So Anna, an ambulance is on its way can you tell me what the situation is here please?’’

Fuck.

‘’well I don’t know really, I was watching him from the window he stood by the pool and he just kind of walked into it and never re surfaced, I screamed for help and then rung you’’ I winced remembering the horrible sight of the love of my life sinking in front of me.

‘’right’’ she said, clearly jotting it down.

‘’can you tell me who this person is?’’ she asked.

‘’harry, harry styles’’ I said smiling at his name.

‘’ahh Mr Styles is it’’ she chuckled keeping her cool. I grinned.

‘’and do you have any idea why he did this Anna, does he have any reason to attempt to drown himself?’’ she asked.

‘’no none at all’’ I sighed trying to come up with any possible reason as to why my boyfriend would want to kill himself.

Zilch.

‘’okay not to worry Anna he will be in safe hands soon, stay on the phone until the ambulance get here and follow my instructions’’ she told me.

‘’right, Anna I want you to put him into recovery position for me’’ she said as I did as she asked moving the boys out of the way.

‘’now check his pulse’’ I did as she said.

‘’nothing’’ I cried. Tears slowly brimming my eyes.

‘’don’t worry Anna, now check his breathing’’ she said.

‘’nothing’’ I cried a little louder this time.

‘’Anna I need you to stay calm for me, is there any type of clothing across his chest that may be preventing him from breathing?’’ she asked as I examined his limp body.

‘’no?’’ I said, ‘’he’s wearing a polo shirt’’ I said.

‘’okay keep him still for me, send somebody out front the ambulance is here’’ she told me as I shooed a shocked looking Niall to let them in.

‘’Right Anna I will see you in about 5 minutes, I need you to come into the ambulance with him I will see you shortly. Oh and Anna don’t worry, he’s in safe hands now’’ she said and she hung up. Within seconds 2 men ran through in green carrying a large rucksack and a board.

I retold my story of what happened as they hauled his purple body onto the board and carried him out of the house into the ambulance, I clambered on board.

‘’we’ll all meet you there Anna I promise’’ Louis said hugging me quickly before running back into the house. I didn’t speak throughout the journey I held my head in my hands crying silently, I couldn’t come to terms with the fact that harry wanted to die, he didn’t want to be here and he didn’t want me. When we arrived people ran out wheeling harry off shouting things to each other as they ran, well sprinted. Something wasn’t right and I knew it. I followed only to be sat down outside the room being told I couldn’t be in there. I protested as much as I could until a pair of arms dragged me away.

‘’I’m Louise, who you spoke to on the phone’’ the lady smiled at me, her dark brown hair tied back into a bouncy curly pony tail as she smiled nicely. I nodded unable to speak. I was crying a lot, my eyes stung from the water as it poured out of them, my vision going blurry as I attempted to stand but failed miserably landing on the floor. I heard a scream from the door. A voice I recognised to be Lucy’s and I could faintly see my friends shadows stood around me in my poor vision. The voices started to muffle out and now I couldn’t see a thing.

And then It all went black.

I couldn’t breathe, I couldn’t see. I was gone.

Well it felt like I was