[23]

A/N: Alright I debated for a while on this being the last chapter, but I decided against it. So this is Chapter 23, and the next one will be the ending most likely. BUT DONT QUOTE ME ON IT. I'm not sure yet.  I hope you guys enjoyed this story! <3 It was a blast to make. After this story is done I will probably be focusing on CF and getting that finished since its on like Chapter 17 or something, and it's just been sitting there collecting dust! Need to get stories out of the way, yes indeed! Anyways hope you enjoy the chapter. XO <3

A Cinderella Story

23

****

After the football game, and after Edward had a discussion with his dad, we met at the Meadow to talk ourselves. I wanted- needed to talk to him about what happened over the past little bit. Talking was the key, and I didn't want my relationship ruined over this.

I wanted to know why he didn't talk to me when the cheerleaders were doing their play, and why he acted like it was nothing. He wasn't surprised it was me, he knew it was me. But yet he had the look of disgust on his face. We needed to talk about so much! 

Sitting down in the middle of the Meadow, I waited for him. I was a bit early, and no doubt talking with his father probably took a lot of time from Edward as well. Looking around the Meadow, I couldn't help but admire the beautiful place. It was incredible! How Edward had stumbled across it was beyond me. 

It was the perfect spot though, away from society, away from life. It was peaceful, and it was actually quite comfortable. Lying in a bed of tall grass, and wild flowers.

"You made it," I heard Edward say from a distance. I looked to my left, and noticed him walking towards me. I nodded my head at him, biting my lip. "So did you," I said approvingly. He stood in front of me now, and I stared up at him.

"How was the talk with your Dad?" I asked him. He had rolled his eyes at that one. He moved swiftly and sat down behind me, pulling me against his chest. I leaned my head on his shoulder, and relaxed instantly. "Things will get better, just wait and see." I told him.

He sighed, and wrapped his arms around my body. He rested his chin on the top of my head. "Hopefully soon." He muttered. You could hear the hopefulness in his voice, he really wanted it to happen, and I wanted it to to work out for him, I wanted him to be happy.

It was quiet for a little while, Edward started playing with my hands, while I leaned on him and watched the sky. "We need to talk about the cheerleaders play." I finally said, picking up the courage to say it. I wanted to get it done and over with. He froze for a moment, before composing himself.

"I was such an idiot," he whispered all of the sudden, I could hear how much it really affected him. The hurt in his voice, the pain. Did it really mean that much to him? Well we have been chating for months, we did know each other pretty well. Just didn't see each other in person. 

I tried to look up at him, and failed horribly, so I turned around in his arms till I was facing him. He kept his hands snared around my waist tightly, it was almost like he was afraid I was going to leave him. I didn't really mind though. 

His eyes were shut, like he was trying to forget about what happened. "Hey," I soothed him. I placed my hands on his face, and gently stroked his cheek, my fingers brushed over his lips and his eyes shot open. "I just want to figure out the whole story, that's all." I explained to him.

Narrowing his eyes, he finally sighed and nodded his head. "I'll tell you everything you want to know." He replied. I knew he was telling the truth, because of his eyes. What to ask him, there was so much I wanted to ask, things I needed to know.

"Why did you look back at me with disgust on your face," I asked him in a whisper. I couldn't dare raise my voice, I was afraid of what his answer was going to be. He stared down into my eyes, before pulling me closer. "It wasn't meant for you," He replied. "It was directed towards Tanya and her gang of cheerleaders," 

One piece of the puzzle solved. The look wasn't meant for me, he just happened to turn around and look at me. I sighed relief spreading through me. It was good to know! I nodded my head at him, and continued on. "The part that really hurt me... you didn't even say anything to anyone, not even your father. I heard you... you told him you knew nothing about it," I winced at the memory.

 Edward sighed now. "I was such an idiot," He muttered again, his voice was hoarse. "If I could go back and do it over, I would. You don't know how bad I regret letting you walk away like that, and the way you looked at me-." He cut off at that part.

He had shut his eyes, and I watched him curiously. He actually looked in pain, unless hes just really good at acting, but I doubt it. The way I looked at him...

~

Everything was falling into place, the world was suddenly falling and I could barely breath. I wanted to run, I wanted to cry, I wanted to do so much, but I stood frozen staring at him.

 Edward even turned to look at me. I saw a look of disgust on his face. The hurt set in, the tighening feeling in my chest crushing me down. The tears fell down my face, as I could no longer hide them. "Come on," Alice muttered to me.

~

My throat became dry, and my body muscles started tightening remembering it all. It felt horrible, I cried for a long time. Being made fun of by almost the entire school, it hurt. It hurt a lot, more than anyone could think. I never wanted it to happen again, and seeing how it is now, it won't.

"I-It was a bad time for the both of us," I managed to get out. Almost like we both needed comfort, I reached for him at the exact time he reached for me. Our hands connected, and I clung to him. We were sitting awkwardly, so he laid us both down on the grass. 

I immediately pulled him closer, I placed my hands on his chest, just getting the feel of him, the sound of his breathing, feeling his heart beat beneath me. Our legs were tangled together, and his arms were around my waist. "Why didn't you talk to me afterwards, you ignored me, and didn't even talk to me, or find me for the matter."

He leaned down towards me, and started kissing me softly. On my forehead, along my jawline, up to my ear. My body was on fire, he was driving me crazy. "I was afraid," He admitted. Oh! I didn't expect that. "I wanted to talk to you, to explain everything, but I was afraid you wouldn't listen." Wouldn't listen? That was by far one of the dumbest reasons I had ever hear. 

"That's one of the dumbes-." He cut me off though. "Would you've listened to me?" He asked me. "And be honest." I thought about it for a second. Even though I wanted him to talk to me, to at least come up to me, was I ready for that? Would I even listen? "Probably not." I mumbled. He nodded his head at me. "See," 

We were both silent for a little bit, until he spoke up again.

"But then you came into the locker room before the game," He shook his head at that, but I could see the hint of a smile on his face. "You walked right in there looking beautiful as ever, with your bravery, your mission." He smiled at that, but frowned next. "You were so angry me, I could tell how upset I made you, but yet you confronted me, going on about finally taking control of your life, and feeling sorry for me. It finally made me realize what I had to do."

"And what was that?" I asked him. He stared at me now, into my eyes. "Take control of my life, and go after what I want." He smiled big now, and started kissing me again, this time at my neck. I shivered from that, but arched my neck up higher, gasping. 

"I got one more question for you." I panted, he pulled away from my neck, and moved to look at my face, into my eyes. "Shoot." He muttered. I took a deep breath for this one. I placed both of my hands on his cheeks. "Your feelings for me, real or not real?" I asked him. He moved his hands to my own cheeks, and chuckled darkly for a second. "Real." He whispered, before he kissed me. 

****

A/N I was debating to end it there. How cute would that be? There! They talked and explained everything. And maybe this will go to two pages? Who knows! Anyways your welcome, was such a cute moment between them. N'awe! So cute. Ship them hard core! I decided, and this is NOT the second last chapter. I have another chapter after this. To set more things straight, so I hope you enjoy. XO <3 Leave me a comment, and VOTE!