[19]

A/N I know you hate me right? IT HAD TO HAPPEN THOUGH! How do you feel about the whole thing? Poor Bella! Alice being a good best friend. Tanya and her "revenge" very mean! Edward and his dad. And the looks he was giving Bella. Poor her :( Now what is going to happen? Eh? Anyways... Yes! Basically a chapter a day. Gettig ahead of the game here. I keep doing chapters and then saving as drafts so I can just post. ANYWAYS LETS GET TO THE STORY! I keep getting excited to write.

19

****

"Bella!" I heard Sue call from outside my door. I shut my eyes tighter, even though my eyes stung from the tears. "Go away," I told her. I just wanted to be left alone. Is that so hard to ask? "But Bella, you've got a letter from Princeton!" 

I sat up from my bed, and walked over to unlock the door. I walked back over to my bed, and sat on it as Sue followed me. She handed me the letter, and I quickly grabbed it and tore it open. Here it was, the answer to my future. 

Dear, Ms. Bella Swan

The admission committee has met and we are sorry to inform you that we are not able to admit you to Princeton. We mailed you a decision letter earlier today, including a Statement to Candidates with answers to some questions you and your parents may have. We received a record applicant pool of over 18,800 applications and we were able to accept only a small percentage of that group. We realize you may be disappointed with this decision. It was not possible to accept all the impressive students who applied to Princeton this year. The committee appreciated the time, care, and effort you put into your application.

Princeton Admission Committee

It was like my entire life was falling apart. First the Edward thing, being embarassed at school in front of everyone, and now this. What did I do wrong? Why did it have to happen to me?

I wanted to rip the letter up, I wanted to lay back down and cry. My chest hurt, and my eyes stung from crying so much. 

"What does it say?" I heard Sue ask. I looked up at her, tears starting to fill my eyes again. Sue looked extremely happy, like she knew I was being rejected. It was strange. "I didn't get in," I muttered.

She gasped, but I could tell it was fake. "Oh no!" She cried. "And you studied so hard." I finally noticed the plate full of cookies in her hand. Was this some sort of pity treat? Did she know I was going to get rejected?

"I can't believe I thought I actually had a chance," I muttered to myself. A tear was falling down my cheek. 

"Oh, Bella. I'm heartbroken!" Sue said. "Life can be so unfair," I looked over at her, she was smiling at me now. "Well, just look at the bright side. You have a job at the diner for the rest of your life!" 

I couldn't believe she just said that. I stared at her, and she held the plate of cookies out to me. "Do you want a cookie?" She asked me, smiling still. She took a cookie, and bit one.

She set the plate down on my bed. "They're so moist!" She suddenly got up and left out of the door, leaving me alone.

***

"Bella, what are you doing?" I heard Zafrina say behind me. I put my brush down, and looked up at her. "I'm trying to get these floors clean." I told her. Zafrina sighed, and bent down to my level. 

"Come on, sweetie. Get up," She helped me stand up, while I sighed. "What I mean is, what are you doing with your life?" My eyes widened a bit as she said it. My life? It's already been screwed over! 

"I'm diner girl. I'm doing what diner girls do, Zafrina," I explained to her. She grabbed a hold of my arm. "Baby, what's gotten into you? You don't even realize how blessed you are." 

I stayed silent, and just stared at her. "Look, you've got a whole family behind you." She motioned behind her, where everyone was now staring at us. Senna walked over to us, and stroked my arm. "We have faith in you," She agreed.

Zafrina nodded her head. "And you gotta have faith in yourself!" She pointed at me. Faith in myself? It wasn't that simple. Suddenly the door slammed open, and the twins walked in. Just as the door smashed into the wal,, the guitar hanging from the wall fell.

The guitar had ripped a piece of the wall paper off, revealing a quote on the wall. I remembered it from when my Dad was alive. He would tell me the quote all the time.

"Mother!" Victoria basically screamed. Sue came in behind them. And the twins looked at me. They looked scared, probably since they just got caught ripping the wall apart by slamming the door. "Bella just ruined your wall!" Victoria added.

I could only stare at the quote on the wall... memories came back of the good times with my father. I turned to look at the twins and Sue. "What?" I said. Sue looked at the wall. "Yes, you did!" Leah shouted at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Well, that's going to come out of your paycheck," Sue muttered, walking into the dinner more. "And cover up those stupid words!" She screamed, walking over to the cash register.

Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

"All right. I'm going off to get some lipo," Sue said, as she walked back over to the door. "Come on girls," She motioned them towards the door. I glared at them. "Bella, I need you to clean the pool tonight." Sue had turned around to look at me.

I looked at the quote on the wall again. It was now or never. "No," I muttered to her, as she started to leave. She hesitated, and then froze in the doorway. "Excuse me?" She was glaring at me now, but I didn't care.

"I quit this job. I quit your family, and I'm moving out!" I told her. I started taking off my apron. I set it on the counter. She started at me. "What?" She demanded. "You heard me. I quit," She crossed her arms over her chest.

"Oh? And where are you going to live?" She asked me. I never thought of that... damn! I didn't care, even if I had to sleep in my car I'd do it. "With me!" I heard Zafrina say, as she came to stand beside me. I turned and smiled at her.

****