Just Keep Breathing | Larry Stylinson

Pairing: Larry Stylinson (Bottom!Harry, Top!Louis)

Disclaimers: 

-This one shot is very, very, very fucking sad. I cried about 15 times while writing it. There is very triggering details in here having to do with suicide, so if you do have a problem with it, I ask that you do not read this. Please. I'm not kidding when I say that it's descriptive and detailed. It's like 13 Reasons Why descriptive.

-Gemma was Larry's surrogate, just so you aren't confused.

-PLEASE be respectful when commenting. If you have something negative to say, please keep it to yourself.

Length: 6.2K

Also available on my Tumblr (ive-been-shot-in-the-feels) and AO3 (xdistorted_cliffordx).

PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU ARE TRIGGERED BY SUICIDE. IF YOU DO READ THIS, DO NOT COMMENT THAT THIS HAS NO WARNING ABOUT THESE EVENTS BECAUSE I HAVE WARNED YOU TWICE. 

----

The smallest coffins are the heaviest.

A quote that Harry completely understood now. As he sat on the velvet cushion of the old rickety chair inside of the funeral home, his leg trembled in attempt to fight back his sobs. His lips trembled - more so than they had when he had to face his fear of skydiving. His palms began to dampen as the tears escaped. Harry couldn't do it. There was absolutely no way.

"Haz?" a soft voice asked from above him.

Harry's head snapped up, his eyes slightly burning from crying. He sniffled, trying his hardest to make it look like he hadn't been sobbing for the past day and a half, but knew that it was no use. Louis was standing there, looking at Harry with a broken look - the kind that looked like it was permanent. Harry had never seen him like that before. The man that called himself a tough guy, that would do whatever it took to protect Harry and anyone he loved - was shattered.

"You okay, baby?" he asked.

"Does it look like I'm fucking okay? Our son just died. I don't think 'okay' is really an emotion that I'll ever feel again," Harry snapped, watching as Louis' face broke even more. More tears struck Harry as he felt instant guilt. Louis didn't deserve to be snapped at. Noah was his son too.

Louis didn't say anything and proceeded to walk over to Harry, squatting down so he was the same height as Harry. He wrapped his arm around his back, causing the poor boy to break even more. Harry couldn't help himself as he folded into Louis' chest and let out his unruly sobs. Where he used to feel safe in his husband's arms, he didn't anymore.

"I know you don't want to, but we need to finish getting everything organized. They've got other appointments today," Louis told him softly.

They broke apart and Louis helped Harry to his feet. As much as Harry just wanted to quit putting the funeral together, he didn't. It wasn't because he wanted the most beautiful service for his little boy, but because he felt that everyone would forget about Noah after the funeral and act like he never existed. It would feel like life was continuing on as though nothing happened, as though Noah had never even stepped foot on planet Earth.

"Haz?"

Louis' voice shook Harry from his short trance. He wiped his eyes with the back of his hand and continued to follow Louis into the room. "Sorry. I just zoned out a little bit."

The funeral director was sitting behind her desk, pounding away at her computer keyboard, as though planning a child's funeral was as common as a birthday party. Harry knew that she was just doing her job, but he wished that she would just act like it was something more than just a paycheck. It disgusted him.