Chapter 1 | Hello, again.

"Hello Mark."
"Hello Jackson."

"What are you doing here?" I asked, trying to stop myself from punching him in the face.
"I got a scholarship." Jackson replied, meeting his eyes with mine.
"For basketball?"
"No. I got kicked off the team when I nearly ruined it for Eastwood."
"How did you get here-?"
"Top of the class for almost everything, then the whole sport history kicked in, and now here I am," Jackson interrupted, rubbing the sore spot on his head.
"How-"
"Well, when someone you love absolutely breaks you, it really opens your eyes." His eyes drifting away, to the floor.
"I know how you feel."
"No you don't. If you did, we'd still be together." Jackson grunted, before shaking his head and flashing me a smile. "Look, I'm sorry. I'm tired, forget I said that... Anyway, I'm going to go find Jinyoung, I'll see you around."

Park. Jinyoung.

You're kidding.

"Whatever." I spat, shoving Jackson aside with my shoulder in order to find at least one person I knew.

I did.

"Well, if it isn't Mark Tuan."
"Channie? What are you doing here?" I asked, bro-shaking the tall boy in front of me.
"Well, Baekhyun wanted to go here because his Dad went here too, I had to come along."
"Willingly?" I joked, earning a laugh from Chanyeol.
"Yeah. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I let him move to a foreign country alone?"
"Probably a good one."
"Shut up, Mark."
"Baby, look at how- Mark! Hey! I didn't know you went here! This is awesome!" Baekhyun ran over, a bright smile on his face.
"I know! I can't wait to spend the rest of my life paying back the student loans!" I joked, even though my words were extremely accurate.
"Best thing about life." Chanyeol spoke, sarcasm laced in his voice.
"Mark! Get over here!" Minhyuk called from a fair distance away.
"I'll see you guys later." I stated, before rushing over to Minhyuk and the rest of MONSTA X.

So far, I know 11 people here.
Minhyuk, Hyungwon, Shownu, Wonho, I.M, Kihyun, Jooheon, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Jackson and Jinyoung.

"What's going on?" I asked Minhyuk, we immediately shushed me, pointing to the campus representative who was talking to Kihyun about the dorms.
"Kihyun is asking if we get to pick our dorm partners." Minhyuk explained, and my heart skipped a beat.

I have a bad feeling about this.

If I get paired with Jackson, I don't think I would be able to handle it. Jackson is one of my most hated things on this Earth... after Park Jinyoung, of course.

"I hope we get to pick, I don't want to get paired with Jackson." I thought out loud, earning a confused look from Minhyuk.
"Jackson? Like... 'I hate him so much' Jackson? Here?"
"Yep. He's here, he got a scholarship."
"No way. We can actually see this guy? In the flesh."
"Yes, Minhyuk. You can."
"Is he cute?"
"You're kidding. You have a boyfriend."
"No I don't." Minhyuk breathed, quickly changing the subject as Kihyun walked back. "What did he say?"
"They're picked electronically, there is no way we have a say." Kihyun sighed, noticing the look on Minhyuk's face.
"Minnie, what's wron-?"
"Nothing! I'm fine!" Minhyuk smiled, obviously hiding his pain.
"Is this about-"
"Stop. I mean it." Minhyuk warned, his voice lowered.
"Okay. I'm going to check out the campus, Minhyuk come with me, Mark, do you want to come?" Kihyun asked, giving me the, 'don't say yes, I need to talk to him' eyes, which, no one would understand unless, like myself, you've known him for years.
"No thanks, I'm going to go find out what dorm I'm in."
"Okay. Good luck." Kihyun nodded, grabbing Minhyuk's arm softly and leading him out of the hall.

I hope I don't get Jackson. I really hope I don't get Jackson.

I'll probably get Jackson.