Chapter 10 | Here we go again

"Did you have enough breakfast? I can cook some mo-"
"It's fine, Mrs Tuan. I ate enough already... but thank you for letting me stay,"
"No problem, Minhyuk! Come back whenever you like," Mum hugged the boy goodbye as Hyungwon waited in Wonho's car for him.
"Hopefully next time I can stay a bit longer," Minhyuk smiled, rubbing his bandaged hand on his arm.
"Of course, next time I'll cook enough for you to take back," Mum laughed, giving him one last hug before the battered and bruised boy got into the passenger seat of the car.
"I'll see you guys later, I'm just going to spend a few hours with my mother," I called out to Hyungwon, who nodded in response and drove out of the driveway and down the road.
"What happened to him, Mark? Why was he all beaten and bruised?"
"I don't know, Mum. I heard it was a fight, I just don't know who it was with."
"You have no idea at all? It's ridiculous! He tried to play it cool and pretend it didn't hurt... we both know he's a mumma's boy."

Minhyuk reminds me of Jackson in that sense. Tries to be tough, but his emotions end up getting the best of him.

"I have an idea... I think it might be a guy called Eric... but I don't know. Minhyuk isn't telling us anything."
"If he isn't telling you anything there's not much you can do, don't blame yourself," Mum soothed, turning and walking inside with myself following closely behind.
"I know, it just makes me angry, you know? I can't do anything to help him."
"You can be there for him, Mark. That might be all he needs."
-----------------

"Thank you for letting us stay, I really appreciate it," I told Mum as we made the bed in the guest room.
"It's okay, it didn't bother me, I have friends coming soon so I had the house tidy anyway."
"I hope we weren't a bother."
"You could never be a bother, you'll always be special, Mark. Always."

------------------
"Mark!" The person on the other end of the phone line screamed, startling me.
"What is it Taehyung?! Are you okay?! What's wrong?! Is everything okay?-"
"No, don't be stupid. Guess what?"
"What?"
"No! You need to guess."
"I don't know, Tae."
"Guess."
"Kim Taehyung-"
"Guess."
"-I'm going to book a flight over to Korea just so I can hit you over the head."
"Not if I do it first."
"Whatever, just tell me."
"I just did."
"What?"
"Mark, I just told you."
"What did you tell me?"
"I told you what you needed to guess."
"What did I say?"
"Guess."
"Kim Taehyung-"
"That was the start of the sentence."

What?

"Are you talking about me flying over to Korea to hit you?"
"Sort of."
"What about it?"
"I'm doing it first."
"You're going to hit yourself over the head first?'
"No. I'm going to hit you over the head first."
"How? You're not even in America."
"You guessed it!"
"What? Taehyung you're really confusing me," I sighed into the phone.
"I'm coming over to America in two weeks."

Oh my goodness.

"What?!" I screamed, nearly dropping my phone. "Are you serious?!"
"I'm dead serious."
"Taehyung! I'm so shocked! Why are you coming over?!"
"Because I wanted to. Also because Hoseok and Jungkook wanted to go see you too."
"Wait."
"Yes?"
"Is Hobi and Kookie coming too?"
"Yup."
"You're kidding."
"I wish I was."
"Where are you staying?!"
"Your Mum's."
"No way."
"Yes way."

They're coming over here.

"The others wish they could come, but they're all so busy," Taehyung added as I stood in a shocked silence.
"I can't wait," I finally breathed, throwing myself into my bed to try and calm my racing heart.
"Neither can I," Taehyung laughed.