Chapter 2 | Contemplation

"Yo, Mark. Get up. Please wake up. It's 1 in the afternoon."

Shut up Jinyoung, I don't want to hear you right now.

"All of your friends are at the door. Seriously. They woke me up too."

They can wait.

"I'll let them in."

You wouldn't dare.

"Alright, then."

I heard Jinyoung groan, his footsteps getting further away and the rattle of the door handle.

No way.

"Last chance."

He doesn't have the guts.

"Hello, I'm Jinyoung, Mark's roommate."

You're kidding.

"I'm Shownu, this is Changkyun and Kihyun," Hyunwoo greeted, pointing to the two men standing beside him, "we have come to collect our friend."

This is why I hate you, Jinyoung.

"The friend that took at least half an hour to wake up?"

Exactly why I hate you.

"Yep. That friend."

You're such a snake, you're the reason I broke up with Jackson.

"Go for it, he's right inside."

Well, part of it, anyway.

I remember the quick footsteps, the grunt and the heavy weight thrown on top of me.

I'm going to kill Jinyoung.

"MarkMarkMarkMarkMark," Changkyun chanted, right in my ear.
"What the f**k do you want?" I groaned, trying to pry the boy off me.
"Watch your f**king language!"
"How ironic."
"Someone isn't very happy this morning," Shownu commented from the doorway.

I was wide awake now, Jinyoung was on his bed, lacing up his shoes.

Where is that loser going?

Shownu was at the doorway and Kihyun was attempting to raid the practically empty fridge.

"I got woken up by an idiot, what do you expect?"
"Mark, I am hurt right now," Changkyun sighed, rolling off me a little too far and falling to the floor, "both emotionally and physically."

Everyone laughed at Changkyun, even Jinyoung. Changkyun is so dumb sometimes I swear.

There was a small moment of silence before Jinyoung spoke,

"I'm going to go meet up with Jackson, I'll see you later," He announced, giving us all a smile before heading out the door.

That's weird. He smiled at me.

"Jackson?" Shownu asked, after closing the door behind him and sitting on the lounge beside the kitchen. "As in, ex bestfriend who dated me as a bet and I still love him even though I deny it because he's such a jerk?"

I hate how well he knows me.

"I don't love him-"
"Yes you do. We all know it, we know you better than you know yourself Mark, we know your feelings," Changkyun smirked.
"How- You've never met him!"
"When you talk about him...which you never stop doing. Honestly you talk about him a lot for someone you're supposed to hate," Kihyun half-complained, half-explained.
"Whatever," I sighed, ultimately defeated.