Chapter Twelve - Catching up

Alyssa’s POV

After a nice relaxing day with Luke, he had to get home and I had to actually change out of my pyjamas and into something else so I didn’t feel so dirty, even though it was already 3pm. About an hour after Jai left, I was feeling really lonely and the girls weren’t home yet. I hadn’t spoken to Jai in a few days so I decided to text him.

“Hey honey, I haven’t spoken to you in a few days, how have you been? We need to hang out soon!”

I went and had a shower while I was waiting for him to reply. I got out of the shower and got dressed into a casual maxi dress. I checked my phone and had no reply from Jai, because he is always on his phone and always replies pretty much straight away.

I opened our messages to see that he read my message at 3:11pm and it was now 3:48pm. He better have a good excuse I hate it when people don’t reply. I just decided to call him, it would be easier, since I wanted to possibly do something tonight. His phone rang out, there was no answer and it went to message bank. I didn’t bother leaving a message.

I looked on the couch and saw Luke’s snapback on the couch. I decided I would catch the bus over to their house and dropped it off, so I grabbed my stuff and his hat and made my way to the bus stop down the street. I took an umbrella, as it was raining and was cautious about slipping over, one of my fears.

I soon got on the bus and got off around the corner from their house. I walked down the street and it had stopped raining now. I knocked on their front door and Beau answered “Alyssa, hey how are you?” he asked, giving me a hug. “Yeah im good how are you BeauBear?” I asked him. “Excellentaayy” he said making me laugh as we made our way into the loungeroom before I went and knocked on Luke and Jai’s bedroom door. I opened it when they said “Come in”

I walked in and saw the boys playing FIFA. They continued playing and Luke spoke to me, as I explained about his hat. They finished their game and Luke stood up and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek “Long time, no see” he said, while Jai totally ignored me.

“Something wrong Jai?” I asked him, standing in front of him as he layed back down on his bed. He shook his head. “Welll clearly it is so get off your ass and come for a walk I want to talk to you please” I said, standing there, looking at him, seeing Luke smirk and wonder what’s going on at the same time, out the corner of my eye.

He stood up slowly and stretched, before walking out in front of me. I looked at Luke and whispered “We’ll be back later”

I walked out and Jai was waiting out the front, with one earphone in, listening to music. We walked down the road to the park, in silence. When we got there we sat on the swings next to each other and I looked at him.

“Well are you going to fucking look at me? And take those fucking earphones out” I said, pissed off. He took out his earphone and stood up in front of me.

“Okay.. so Luke get’s a girlfriend and doesn’t socialise with us anymore.. so you turn to me. We get really close, we become best friends. Luke then comes back to you and you just fucking forget about me. Luke is always gonna be the one that’s better, that everyone loves more. And I’m just fucking left behind.. with no one. Without you.” He spat at me.

He just waited for a response from me, staring into my eyes, angrily, breathing heavily. All of a sudden he grabbed my neck and pressed his lips against mine. His lips were so soft and tasted so good. The kiss became more passionate as our tongues battled and our noses slightly touched. I felt the tickle of his fingers playing with my hair at the top of my neck. He smelt so good. I pulled back and held my fingers on my lips, in disbelief of what had just happened.