Chapter Twenty-Two - Double Date

Luke’s POV

I rocked up to Alyssa’s house at about midday. I really couldn’t be fucked getting out of the car so I beeped the horn and waited for her to come out. She soon came outside and walked towards the car, I admired how beautiful she was, thinking how lucky I am to have her. I think we should get a place together in a few months. We’ve known each other for ages, we know each other so well. But she loves her house so much and loves living with her cousins. So I don’t know.

“Hey babe” she said, climbing in the car and leant over to kiss me as we pressed our lips against each others.

“So have a think now what we should get cause it’s already midday and it’s a 30 minute drive to the picnic spot” I told her, driving off and choosing a song from my phone, as I kept my eyes on the road as much as I could. I chose the song ‘wiggle’ by Jason Derulo, I loved this song at the moment.

We arrived at Coles a few minutes later and we climbed out of the car, I locked it then we walked inside Coles. I grabbed a shopping basket and began walking around the shops. Alyssa got everything we needed then we went to the checkout.

“Hey Luke, that’ll be $32.40 thanks” she smiled at me, it was a girl I used to go to school with Ella.

I went to swipe my card through the eftpos machine, when Alyssa pushed me out of the way and tapped it with paywave so it went through straightaway.

“Bitch” I joked, she knows I like paying for things. I was brought up with my mother not having much money so now since I’ve had a good career, I feel this need to pay for as much as I can.

“Cunt” she whispered, she hates that word but says it as a joke occasionally. She never wants anyone other than her close friends and cousins to hear her say It though. I laughed and we grabbed out groceries, walking out, waving to Ella.

We got back to the car and put the cold stuff in the esky I had in the boot.

We soon got to the mountain picnic spot and we were the only ones here. We set out a picnic blanket and got the food and drinks out.

We sat there for a couple hours, eating, drinking and talking, with the occasional kiss and a selfie here and there.

It was so romantic and cute having a little picnic on top of the mountains. We decided we should get back to Alyssa’s house so we had enough time to get ready for tonight. By the time we got back it was 4pm. We had 2 hours until we had to leave for dinner. We decided we could lay in bed for a little while and watch a few episodes of Modern Family, one of our faves.

We turned on the air con in Alyssa’s room and put on the tv, cuddling under the blankets. We would laugh every time cam would even come on the screen, he was just absolutely hilarious.

Soon it was 5pm and Alyssa really needed to start getting ready, cause I knew she was gonna be late.

I turned to look at her, she was leaning on me, her head cradled in the crook of my neck.

“Oi babe” I said, but there was no reply.

“Liss, babe” I said again, she was asleep. I shook her gently and she woke up.

“You gotta start getting ready babe, we have to leave in an hour” I told her, as she rubbed her sleepy eyes and crawled out of bed.

I was pretty much ready, I just needed to fix my hair a little. I continued watching Modern Family in bed, while I waited for Alyssa.

Soon the door opened and Kaiden came in, making stupid faces and jumped in the bed with me.

“Soooo.. I need to talk to you” she began.

“About Daniel? How are you guys going?” I asked her.

“We’re good. Still trying to get used to being a couple” she admitted.

“Well why don’t you’s come on the date tonight? Alyssa and I have a double date with Jai and this chick called Ella. I’ll call Daniel now” I told her, dialling skips number.

I finished my conversation with Daniel and he was keen.

“Go get ready” I smiled at Kaiden.

“You’re the best” she smiled as she gave me a big hug.

I turned around to see Alyssa standing at the door smiling.

“I love how you’re friends with my cousins” she said, walking towards me, sitting next to me on the bed, stroking my hair before pressing her lips against mine. “I’m so lucky to have you, I really don’t deserve you” she told me, making me smile.

“Are you kidding me? What’s so special about me? I don’t deserve YOU! You’re gorgeous, soo nice, smart and funny. And the best thing is you’re not like other bitchy girls. I know this sounds weird, but you have like the mind and personality of a guy, we understand each other.” I laughed.

“I totally know what you mean. My mum always said I was like a man” we laughed.

“Well Kaiden is coming now and Daniel” I told Alyssa.

“Aw great! Well I’m ready.” She smiled, walking out to the loungeroom to wait for Kaiden. I was surprised, she was actually ready early.

Thanks for reading xoxo

1500 reads for chapter 23