Chapter Twenty-Six - Business Plans

3k reads for chapter 27 xx

Alyssa’s POV

The next morning I was extremely tired, Luke and I had a pretty late night, if you know what I mean. I was going out with the girls today and looking at properties for our new office and I was going to be coming back in a few weeks when the paper works all done and we can move our stuff in, to set up and hire some new employees. I will be staying here for about 3 weeks to set up then after the open date I’ll stay for about a week to make sure it all is going well.

We went to a few properties and the last one we saw really stood out. It was centrally located, right on Queen street on ground level, so it was easy to find. We decided to apply for it and hope for the best.

A few days later it was Saturday and we were about to leave to go to my family BBQ. We all got ready and met down in the lobby. We walked up the road to the train station and got on the next train. The boys decided to act like normal human beings… sort of. They were still being their loud, hilarious selves.

We soon got to the station and my uncle and dad were both there to pick us up In two cars. I ran up to my dad and gave him the biggest hug as he gave me big kisses on the cheek.

“I missed ya darling how have you been?” he asked.

“Reallly good!!” I told him.

“This is Luke. Luke this is dad” I introduced them.

“Nice to meet ya mate.” Dad said.

“You too. You have the most perfect and beautiful daughter” Luke told him.

I playfully hit him, smiling as dad spoke

“Well if you can put up with her stubbornness and occasional moody attitude I take my hat off to you and you have my blessing” dad laughed and so did Luke.

We got in the car and drove around the corner to my auntie’s house. I introduced all the boys to my family and they settled In right away. They were perfect for my family.

Dad came out and handed each of my uncles, my brother and the boys a corona beer and they all stood in the backyard together chatting and getting to know each other sort of.

I sat at the tables with my aunties and cousins, talking about Melbourne and drinking some cocktails. Kaiden’s mum was asking her all about Daniel and saying how much she liked him and that they should come back home another weekend and stay at their property. Daniel would absolutely love it, in fact all the boys would, Motorbiking, swimming… out in the country in the Gold Coast hinterland, up in the mountains with a gorgeous view on a multi million dollar property and house.

Later in the night when everyone was at the buffet inside, getting their dinner, I pulled luke aside to talk to him.

“Hey, what do you think about coming up here soon for a weekend or a week and staying at Kaiden’s parents property?” I asked him.

“Oh yeah, Rion and Marnies at Canungra?” he asked, taking a swig of his beer.

I took a second to compose myself, I couldn’t believe he remembered stuff like that, it made me happy.

“Yeah, we can go motorbiking and swimming and it’s beautiful down there, in the gold coast hinterland it’s like up in the mountains and has an awesome view” I told him.

“Yeah sounds mad, we should come up after we tour for a little holiday!” he sounded excited.

“Awesome, well let’s get some dinner” I said, walking inside with him after placing my cocktail on the table where my seat was.

Later on we all were having so much fun, singing karaoke and telling stories from when we were little, while drinking with my family and friends, it was the best night. We said goodbye to everyone at about 1am and ordered a maxi taxi to go back to the hotel. It was about a 30 minute drive and I was so sleepy on the way home.

We finally got back to the hotel and caught the lift up to our rooms. I didn’t even bother getting changed I was so tired, I just climbed in bed and Luke and I fell asleep straight away.