Twenty-Nine - Moving On

5k for chapter 30 :) xx

Alyssa's POV

I went over Josh's house and he had a bruised nose and a fat lip. He gave me a hug when I walked through the door. We went into his room, after I said hello to his roommates. We sat down on the edge of his bed and he tucked my hair behind my ear, as I looked down at the ground awkwardly. I looked back up at him and his lips suddenly pressed against mine.

"Josh, please" I said, quietly, pushing him away. "I just broke up with Luke last night" I explained.

"But I thought this Is what you wanted?" he asked me, embarrassed.

"I do I do" I said, assuring him, rubbing his arm. "Just, give me some time." I said, smiling subtly.

We spent the day talking, walking to a local park and him cheering me up. Later in the afternoon I decided to go over to the Brooks residence to talk to Luke. I drove over there and let myself in like always. I walked into the loungeroom to see Jai playing Fifa and Luke asleep on the couch, with his laptop on his lap.

I said hello to Jai and I sat on the arm chair next to Luke and touched his arm gently, holding on to his shoulder as he woke up.

"Oh hey" he said, tiredly as he shut the lid of his laptop and played with his lip ring, avoiding eye contact.

"Luke, I just want to talk to you. I really don't-" I got cut off by Jai running out of the room "Wait for me to leave" he was yelling. Haha what a cutie.

"I really don't want it to be awkward. We have to be friends! We have never really been friends without our feelings getting involved, or without being with other people and not talking. I would love nothing more than to be friends with you Luke." I said, sliding my hand towards his.

"Obviously I would love nothing more to be in a relationship with you, but I guess being friends is the second best thing. Like I said, don't expect me to stop loving you." He said, making my heart melt. I really did love Luke, but I loved Josh more.

"Friends?" I asked, holding out my arms. He smiled at me, wrapping his arms around me and pulled me down on top of him on the couch, making me laugh.

Later on, I said goodbye and went back to my house to enjoy a delicious dinner that Kaiden was cooking. Homemade pizzas, chicken, spinach and feta.. yum!

I went to bed early and fell asleep watching Modern Family, like Luke and I used to.

The next day I woke up early and went to work with the girls, getting ready for an extremely busy day filled with meetings and I actually have a conference today for Target. The awesome thing about being their event planner is that I give them good prices and priority on our VIP list, whilst they give me a 40% off card at all Target stores, worldwide.

I had meetings with new and current clients, discussing a 21st party, a baby shower, a 70th birthday and a few conferences and weddings. We were extremely busy and I was feeling like shit today. We finally closed the office and it was time to go to the event. I just had to go and ensure that everything was set up correctly for when it begins and then I can leave the rest to our team and they can page us if they need anything important.

It was 7:30pm when I soon arrived home and I didn't even feel like dinner, I decided to go straight to bed, after having a shower and brushing my teeth. Before I went into my room I said to Brianna "Hey I'm not feeling too well. I'm going to get one of the boys to drive me to the doctors tomorrow, so I'm going to be a little late to work. It's not just today, I've been feeling like shit for weeks. I've been drousy, sick in the stomach, my hair has been fucking falling out. I'm worried." I told her.

"I'm sure everything will be okay. I'll check your meetings and take care of them." She smiled at me, before I gave them all a hug like every night and went into my room. I texted Luke

"Hey, sorry to bother you, but can I ask a favour? The girls will have the car for work tomorrow and I need to go to the doctors. Is there any chance you could please drive me?"

He soon texted back "Yeah, of course. What time do you want me to pick you up? Is everything ok? xx"

I replied quickly, as I was getting tired. "is 9 ok? No not really, I've been losing so much hair when I brush it and I feel sick and drousy all the time. Hopefully everything is ok though xx"

He soon replied "Oh no, well lets see tomorrow. Pick you up at 9. Goodnight xx"

I fell asleep right after I read that text.