Chapter Eighteen - Finally?

Alyssa’s POV

We soon made our way to the hotel, we decided to go early, at check in time at 2pm. We packed a small bag each and I made sure to pack my good lace underwear and bra set. We quickly checked in and made our way up to the room, the tension really building up now. We walked into the room and I had no longer placed my bag down when Luke aggressively, but sexually and romantically pushed me against the wall, holding my hands above my hand and kissing my neck. He whispered in my ear “Nothing’s gonna stop us this time”. He continued kissing my neck and down my shoulder just as his phone rang. “They can wait” he said, as he pressed his lips against mine again… and again …. And again. His phone suddenly began ringing again. I could feel him breathing heavier, through the kiss, each time the ringtone went off. Finally he pulled back and picked up his phone, answering angrily, although trying to be subtle.

“Hello” he spoke into the phone. After a few seconds he spoke again, “Okay no worries i’m coming now” oh no, something must be wrong.

“Mum’s not well.. she’s in hospital. Alyssa I’m sorry but this is going to have to wait. I have to go to the hospital” Luke explained.

“Luke, it’s alright, I’m coming with you. We’ll leave our stuff here okay and let reception know, but we should be back tonight later on to either stay or get our stuff.” I hugged him “It’ll be okay” I smiled as we set off down to reception, then to the hospital.

We arrived at the hospital and went to Gina’s room to see her hooked up to many tubes and cords, with Jai, Beau, Nonna and Nonno standing around her bed. She was awake, although looked very drained and sick. It was weird, Luke had only seen her yesterday and she seemed fine. She must have a virus or something.

Luke ran in the room and hugged Gina. “Mum, what’s wrong? Are you alright?” he asked her, panicking.

She took off her mask that helps her breathe and held his hand. “I’m fine darling. I just have a virus.. a very bad one. It’s just draining me, so these nurses and doctors are doing everything they can to make me get better and feel comfortable and pain free until then. That’s all sweetheart, don’t worry about me, I’m fine. You and Alyssa were supposed to be having a good night, you didn’t need to come here don’t be silly.” She smiled and waved to me, I was standing at the door.

“Everyone, I’m fine. Go now, I’ll call you all later” she said, asking the nurses to make us leave, god she was funny, and so strong. She doesn’t have to be so strong in front of her boys.

Luke and I caught a taxi back to the hotel, and it was dinner time once we got back. We decided to go down to the hotel restaurant and have a cute meal together. We didn’t bother dressing up, since we didn’t bring any super nice clothes with us, only casual.

We got up to the restaurant on the rooftop and Luke said “Table for two please”

“I’m sorry sir, we don’t have any tables until in an hour’s time. Would you like to wait at the bar until then?” he asked.

“Yeah sure, thanks.” Luke smiled and held my hand, as we walked over to the bar.

“Hi, how may I help you?” the bartender asked, it was a girl… it was Taylah. She didn’t even acknowledge that she was speaking to Luke, she just treated him like a normal customer.

“Taylah?” Luke asked, surprised.

“Oh my god Luke I didn’t even recognise you, how are you?” she asked, giving him a hug over the counter, as well as a sneaky kiss on the cheek. What the fuck was going on. They absolutely hated each other and what.. now they’re giving hugs and kisses… something wasn’t right.

“How have you been?” Luke asked, like he actually cared.

“Yeah good, really good. I got a job here and I quit smoking, drinking and drugs” she said the last part quietly. “How about you?” she asked, still completely ignoring me.

“Awesome. Mum just went in hospital though which is shit” he told her.

They continued talking for a little while and she still ignored me the whole time besides taking my drink order for a pina colada.

After we finally got a table and had dinner, we went back to our room at about 9pm. I was so full and a little pissed off at both Luke and Taylah, since they ignored me in their conversation and because I didn’t understand how they were so cool with each other.

I went into the bathroom to get changed into my pyjamas and then climbed into bed, Luke already in there. “Goodnight” I said, turning the other way and laying down.

“Wait what? Are you going to sleep?” Luke asked confused.

“Yeah it’s been a long night and I’m really tired.” I told him, turning my head to look at him.

“But I thought we were gonna… you know… have sex” he said, placing his hand on my arm.

“I’m sorry I’m really tired.. I’m sure Taylah would be up for it though” it slipped out of my mouth before I could stop myself, and I regret it straight away.

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy it. xoxo

1150 reads for chapter 19 :)