Chapter Ten - Work

Alyssa’s POV

I went back home and walked past my cousins “I’m going to bed” I said foully, changing into my pyjamas and climbing in bed. I lay there, blaming myself for what had happened to Luke. If I just dated him, none of this would have happened. He wouldn’t have been addicted to drugs. My eyes began to close and I finally got to sleep.

I had no sooner got to sleep when I heard my door open, I was sleeping lightly. My cousin Brianna walked in and said “Alyssa? You awake?”

I opened my eyes slightly and said tiredly “Yeahh”

“Umm Luke’s here, he says he wants to talk to you.” She said, causing my eyes to widen as I sat up. “Tell Luke that I’m trying to sleep, he needs to go home I don’t want to talk.”

“Okay, but he is really persistent” she said and went to shut the door but Luke opened it and came in, walking towards my bed. “Alyssa” he began.

“Luke what are you doing here?” I asked him.

“Alyssa I know I shouldn’t have gone and done the drugs again. I know you’re helping me try to stop and I should appreciate that. When you told me I broke your heart when I started dating Taylah I shouldn’t have yelled at you, I should have given you a hug and told you I was sorry, because I am. I’m sorry” he said, wrapping his arms around me, hugging me tight.

I couldn’t be angry at him. He was my best friend and I loved him. He was genuinely sorry.

We talked for a while and he ended up sleeping over, we fell asleep in each other’s arms.

The next morning I woke up and Luke wasn’t there. I looked at my phone and had a text from him. “Good morning beautiful. Thankyou for last night. I just stayed until you fell asleep then I left. I hope you had a good sleep and I wanna chill with you today. You free?” he asked.

I replied “Sorry babe, gotta go to work today. I can chill tonight if you want? And you’re welcome, thankyou too honey.”

I got ready in my pencil skirt, heels and a blouse. I wore my hair in a slick back pony tail, my hair was getting so long. I did some natural makeup and we all went out to the car to get ready. I drove us into the city and we parked in the car park under our building. We walked into the lift and went up to our office on the 19th floor. We turned on the lights and went to each of our desks. I had so much work to do today, I had a pile of work to do since I don’t work most weekends. We had hired 2 other staff to work just weekends and they do reception work and a little bit of our jobs. We also had another person we hired that is our receptionist during the week.

I took a quick look though the paperwork and I have 6 new events to organise, 3 weddings, an 18th, a 21st and a corporate event for virgin arlines. I called my first client who had the wedding. I didn’t have very many details from her so I decided to call her. I dialled the number she left our receptionist and it began ringing. “Hello?” she answered the phone. “Hello Sarah, this is Alyssa from Elegant Events. I heard you would like us to plan your wedding, althgough I’m going to need some more details from you. Is there any chance you could come in so we can talk some more?” I asked.

“Hi Alyssa, yeah no worries when would you like me to come in?” she asked.

“As soon as you can so we can start planning. I am in my office Monday to Friday and some weekends from 9am-5pm.” I told her, as I noticed my phone buzz with a text from Luke.

“Would today at 4:30 be alright?” she asked me.

“Yeah, of course. I’ll see you then Sarah” I said ending the phone call then checking my phone. Luke had replied

“Yeah, let’s go to the movies or something. Call me when you’ve finished work.”

I had a long, busy day and Sarah was due any time now. My phone started ringing and I picked it up “Elegant Events this is Alyssa.”

“Alyssa, Sarah is here, can I send her in?” my receptionist Ella said.

“Yeah of course, send her in, thanks Ella” I said hanging up.

A few seconds later Sarah walked in. I couldn’t believe I was Sarah De Bono. I had to act professional still. I stood up and shook her hand, showing her where to sit. I received her file out of the drawer and opened it, having a quick scan. I picked up my pen and began writing some notes down as she told me her special requirements and likes.

We finished talking at about 6pm. I had worked over time and my cousins were all finished. I thanked Sarah and waved goodbye to her as she walked out. I packed up all my things and Kaiden drove us home. I rang Luke while we were in the car. He told me he would pick me up at 8pm to go see a movie, so I had some time to have dinner and get ready before hand.

We had put a beef and red wine casserole on this morning so we had that with rice for dinner. Luke came early, about 7pm, just as we were dishing up dinner so he ate with us. We finished dinner and he talked to my cousins for a while, while I got ready.

When I was ready we went to his car and drove to the cinema. We were seeing the movie Wolf Creek 2.

Luke paid for our tickets, but he doesn’t know I slipped $20 into his wallet (ticket and food money), hehe I’m cheeky.

We went into cinema 5 and sat up the back in the middle of the row, the best view. During the movie when it was a scary bit I would cuddle into Luke, he makes me feel safe. He would just laugh and place his arm around me “It’s just a movie” he would say with that perfect smile of his.

After the movie we went back to my house and he walked me inside. “Can you please stay over tonight? I don’t want to be in my bed alone after watching that movie. Just as friends.” I asked.

“Yeah I suppose scaredy cat” he laughed.

“It’s not funny” I laughed. “Things like that actually happen. That’s a true story Luke” I said, as we climbed into bed, I had already changed in my pyjamas.

“I know” he looked at me. “But I would never let anything happen to you. I’ll never let anyone hurt you!” he said smiling, causing me to smile. “Come on let’s get some sleep, I’ve got work tomorrow and you’ve got that meeting” I said as I turned off the light. “Fuck we sound like an old married couple” he laughed. “One day maybe” he said, turning over and going to sleep.

A/N**

HEY GUYS, i hope you liked this chapter. Make sure to comment what you think, otherwise i won't know if anyone likes it and i'll stop writing.

400 reads and 5 comments for the next chapter xx