Pacific Rim AU (Part One)

You guys have no idea how hyped I am to write this. Also the ages are bumped up on this story. No smut so don't worry. It's just because 12 shouldn't be piloting Jaegers. Also this is like a bunch a small stories leading up to one. Ships include Reilin, a little bit of Ravin and a surprise ship.

Shepard: Abeke and Conor
Warrior: Rollan and Meilin
Veteran: Tarik and Lishay
Worthy: Devin and Dawson
Grizzly: Rache and Lei

Past Jaegers
Shepard: Rache and Conor
Royal: Shane and Abeke

Rollan flops on the couch with a groan. The Kaiju attack drained a lot of energy from the group, "I'm tired!" Rollan whines.

Meilin, who was currently sitting beside him, rolls her eyes, "than go to bed." Rollan huffs in answer and rests his head on Meilin's shoulder.

Conor runs his hands through his blond hair and talks quietly to Abeke about their past partners, Rache and Shane.

Rache was alive and well, currently talking to Lei in the mess hall. Shane died in a previous Kaiju attack. Abeke couldn't pilot Royal alone so she moved to co-pilot with Conor. Rache was paired up with the rookie Lei and the pair pilots Grizzly, the largest Jaeger in existence. Royal was upgraded and given to the sibling pilots, Devin and Dawson which they renamed Worthy.

"How's Shepard?" Meilin asks Conor.

Conor looks up from talking with Abeke, "banged up. I think he lost an arm, but he's in repairs now. Shepard should be up and running again in time for the next attack."

Rollan snorts, "who names their Jaeger Shepard?"

"You wanted to name Warrior Reilin at first," Meilin reminds him.

"It would've been a great name," Rollan pouts.

Alarms start blaring and Rollan sits up, "we just got back from a fight, now there's another?"

"Rache!" Conor yells at the sprinting blond, "what's going on?"

"Level two Kajiu," she explains in a hurry, "Worthy is going out to fight and Grizzly is on standby."

"We're still on break though right?" Rollan asks to her retreating back. Meilin hits him causing him to rub his arm.

"Yeah, you guys are okay!" Rache yells back. Rollan leans back against the couch and the alarms turn off. The group can hear the thudding steps of Worthy and the preparation of Grizzly.

"You guys should go to bed and rest up for the next attack," an older voice says behind them.

"We're not five," Rollan whines.

"You were literally just complaining about how tired you were," Abeke says crossing her arms. Rollan sticks his tongue out at her. The dark skinned girl simply raises one eyebrow, "and you act like a five year old."

"As Tarik was saying," a female voice adds, "a long sleep won't hurt any of you."

Rollan turns around on his seat to see the tall figures of Lishay and Tarik, "what about Veteran? When are you guys actually going to be veterans?"

"When the war is over," Tarik explains. The pair leaves at that thought.

Rollan would never admit it, but he really looked up to Tarik. The older man acted like a father to Rollan, something that Rollan was raised without. Meilin was always in awe of Lishay and Veteran was the oldest Jaeger. Even with the age on both the pilots and machine, the pair still held the highest number of Kaiju take downs.

Conor yawns loudly, "I'm going to bed." He whistles and a golden retriever trots up beside him and follows the boy to his dorm.
"What about you partner?" Rollan asks Meilin.