Boy Meets Girl. Rock-star Meets Fan. Nick Meets Jillian. Chapter 5

Chapter 5 (Jillian's POV)

We soon turned a corner that took us off the main street & onto a small picturesque lane. To my surprise the car then stopped.

"We're here." Nick informed me.

I went to open my car door but Nick was already there. I thanked him as I got out, trying not to flash. We then walked towards a small, empty looking restaurant, well it wasn't even that, a cafe. Before we went in Nick put his hat on so his face was not so obvious. The cafe had a fan in the corner as an attempt to keep the place cool during a hot day, such as today, but unfortunately unless you sat right next to it, it was pretty stuffy. I took my jacket off, hoping we would sit near the fan by the window.

"Jillian," Nick called & as I looked he beckoned me to follow him. The waitress, who was a middle aged women, was heading up some old unstable looking stairs with our menus. I hoped I wouldn't fall and embarrass myself more than I already had. When we reached the top, we walked through a door way into the kitchen. I was a little confused by this point but then I understood. The waitress led us out onto a small balcony with one table arranged for lunch.

"Thanks again Amy." Nick said as he took his hat off & sat down.

"It's never a problem Nick." Amy responded.

Well of course it would never be a problem, it's NICK JONAS for crying out loud! I don't think I'd complain.

Nick reached for his wallet and grabbed a note to tip her but she refused.

"I told you no tips!" she exclaimed.

"Alright, no tips. Was just offering." Nick replied.

He put his wallet away and the waitress left. Nick looked at me. I looked back at him.

"So order anything you like, I know it's nothing fancy. This is just somewhere I like to hang out when I want to escape the craziness. Gives me a chance to relax, write songs, learn my lines. Amy was nice enough to give me this balcony so I wouldn't get disturbed." He gestured around him.

"Except now I know where it is." I joked.

"True, but I'm sure I could get Big Rob to keep you away if I wanted." He twirled his hat with his hands.

"So what's with the hat?" I asked.

"Well I need something to make me less noticeable."

"So you chose a hat?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Worked with you, didn't it?"

"Okay, you got me." I gave in. "So what about the place we were before we came here? The one you brought me to when you.. well rescued me." I laughed nervously.

"Oh my flat?" He asked.

"Your flat?!"

"Yeah I have a temporary place over here. I'm not a fan of staying in hotels and I move around quite a bit. Nice to have a second home, especially since I'm here for a while. Also the fans don't expect me to have my own place so they search out every hotel in the area."

"Oh I see." I nodded my head. "Do you ever get sick of them?"

"Nah, they're just very committed & I wouldn't be where I am now without them. They've given me, Joe & Kevin so many opportunities, so I do my best not to complain."

It was the first time his brothers had been mentioned. I always thought I would see Nick as one of three. A Jonas Brother. Which he was, & still is. But right now I was seeing him as an individual. He was pretty.. normal. Which ironically made him all that more extraordinary.