Boy Meets Girl. Rock-star Meets Fan. Nick Meets Jillian. Chapter 13

Chapter 13 (Jillian's POV)

I looked him right back in the eyes not understand what this meant for either of us. I concluded that I couldn't get back to Southampton which meant I would have to make up an excuse to tell Holly, luckily I wouldn't need to worry about my parents as they were going to be gone for the next couple of weeks and since my exams were finished, college was over for me till september.

"Well at least we got you enough clothes.." Nick said, his voice trailing off.

I just nodded.

"You alright?" he said examining my face with his eyes.

"Yeah, fine." I said as I turned around and started pacing.

"Jillian, what's wrong?" he said concerned. "Jillian!" he grabbed my arm to stop me from pacing until I looked at him. "Jillian, calm down, we're completely safe here, we have food, we have clothes. What are you worried about?"

"Just.. well my friend Holly. Then my family don't know I'm here, they're in France at the moment. You must have lots of stuff arranged. I can't just live here with you. We just met!" I said, reality hitting me right between the eyes.

"It's a natural disaster Jillian, it's not like your distracting me. Everything in London will be closed and cancelled, including Les Miserables. I really wouldn't worry right now." He spoke calmly. He opened his arms up to me, "Come here." He said in the gentlest tone I've ever heard.

I fell into his arms and he patted my back while holding me close to him. He whispered soothing words into my ears as I shook in his arms. A couple of minutes later he took a step back to look at my face.

"You okay now?" He asked cautiously.

"Yeah, sorry I just.. had a bit of a panic." I replied matter of factly.

"I saw!" He chuckled.

"Right well I'm going to run down to the corner store and stock up. Is there anything you need?" He asked.

"Can I not come with you?" He looked at the window and sighed as he thought about it. "I really don't want to be left here alone." I insisted.

He turned to face me again. "Okay then, let's go. Get a jacket on, we need to be quick."

We left the flat in a hurry running down to the store. It was packed by the time we got there.

"Okay, let's split up. You go get anything you want or need and I'll get mine." He told me.

I walked through the isles looking for some chocolate and came across the ladies section. "Ah crap" I said, a new worry entering my mind. I grabbed a small packet just in case along with a couple of desserts, not knowing how long we would be stuck inside. 'Stuck inside together' my mind repeated to itself. 'Stuck inside with Nick Jonas'. I shook the thought out of my head and went to find Nick. He was already in the queue. I slowly slipped the small packet into his basket as I showed him the desserts. "Good idea" he commented on what I had picked out. As we were checking out he noticed the packet being scanned but politely did not say a word and pretended as if it had never crossed his mind what it was. He really was a perfect gentlemen.

By 3pm we could see the water building up at the bottom of the block of nice flats. We were on level 9 which was perfectly safe. Nick assured me we had nothing to worry about. We sat down to watch a bit of tv when all the electricity in the flat cut out. Though the lounge window we saw lights cut out right through London. We only had the natural lighting of the world to light up the room. Luckily it was only early in the afternoon and it was mid-summer so we would be fine until the night. Or so we thought..

We didn't have any board games or anything else to entertain us. Just each other. We ended up playing a version of 'Never Have I Ever' or in more similar terms 'I have Never' to get to know each other a bit better. The consequence to having done the never of the other person was to stuff another marshmallow in your mouth until you could not fit anymore in.

"Never have I ever... been to prom." Nick started. I told him that was cheating as I obviously had but placed the first marshmallow in my mouth.

"Never have I ever..." I continued. "Been to South America." I laughed as he protested saying that that was unfair but just as I did, he accepted the consequence. After around an hour and a half, having gone through lots of marshmallows and many games, the statements started to get more personal.

"Never have I ever... taking my shirt off in public." Nick stated.

"Not even in a swimming pool?" I questioned.

"Not in public. A private pool yes, but since I got famous, I just don't swim in public or anything else. It's weird having the whole world seeing your body. I think it's kind of personal and intrusive. I like to keep myself private." he explained.

"I think your very modest Nick." I told him and smiled. "Okay I however have swum in public so.. marshmallow to that one." I joked. "Never have I ever... " paused, "had sex." I didn't know what I was thinking, it just kind of blurted out. I was running out of statements and it was such an obvious one. Nick looked at me and i blushed.

"Fair enough," he said and he continued. "Never have I-"

"So you haven't either?" I asked, not knowing what had come over me. He pointed at the ring on his left hand in answer to me. His purity ring. I nodded awkwardly and waited for him to continue but he did not.

"How about we pass on the next few rounds?" He said while eating the 2 marshmallows that were already in his mouth. "Besides, I think we'll be out of marshmallows in another 5 minutes."