Boy Meets Girl. Rock-star Meets Fan. Nick Meets Jillian. Chapter 2

Chapter 2 (Jillian's POV)

Days later...

"Jillian! Do you want to come to London to drop your brother off at his interview or not?" My mum shouted up the stairs. My brother had a big interview today for an internship & since I was on study leave my mum asked if I wanted to join them.

I was in a daze, I picked up my blackberry. '6.30?!' I thought to myself! I couldn't bring myself to get up.. but somehow, an hour and a half later I was on the train to the big city! I must have got ready half asleep but looking at myself in the train toilet's mirror, I hadn't done too badly. I was wearing my favourite new dress - a motel (or motelrocks.com) boob tube one called the 'Emily dress' navy with a beautiful pattern on, teamed with a denim jacket, tan cross body bag & gladiators. I had accessorized with a gold heart necklace, a hat, some stud earrings & a few leather bracelets (which I had collected from my many beach holidays).

I then went back to sit with my mum and brother at the table we had secured in the early morning rush. My mum was giving my brother a pre-interview and testing him on his knowledge. I sighed and reached for my headphones, I soon found what I was looking for - Jonas Brothers! I picked a random song & put my ipod on shuffle - their 4 albums or so should last me for the long journey.

We soon pulled into Waterloo station & found a small cafe to stop at for breakfast.

My mum then turned to me, "So what do you plan to do today missy?"

"Mum aren't I a little old for the nick names now?" I had turned 17 a few months earlier.

"No, & you never will be Jilly! So hitting oxford street I suppose?"

"I don't know yet but I'm sure I'll end up there one way or another!" I joked. "Are you going with Zach to his interview?"

"Umm, I think I'll drop him off & see how long he'll be. He has to do an exam as well, but I need to find some gifts for some friends birthdays & there is some furniture I'd like to look at."

"Ah fair enough, you don't think Dad will mind me going off on my own?" I thought of the previous times where he had worked in London & told me never to go around alone.

"Well I think your old enough now, besides you know your way around." My mum smiled at me.

"Yeah I'm sure I'll be fine."

My brother Zach returned from the rest rooms with his tie done up to perfection but of course my mum still wanted to straighten it out. Zach protested as she then tried to adjust his collar and I rolled my eyes. "Mum!" I said.

"Yes Jillian, alright," she turned to me. "So the plan is, I'm going with Charles & then to do my shopping & we'll all meet back here at 7pm. You've got your phone on you right Jillian?"

"Yes mum" I moaned.

"And charged?" she asked.

"Obviously"

"Don't be rude Jillian. Okay so 7pm back here at Waterloo station. The time now is 10am. Have a good day." She kissed me goodbye, I wished my brother luck and then they were gone.

I continued to walk down the road that the cafe was on. As the sun came out, I span once quickly as I walked. This was brilliant! I was alone for the whole day to do WHATEVER I wanted! In London! I felt so free. It was such a beautiful day too. Right then I felt so much hope, life was good. I was blessed with a fresh new day, & I could do whatever I felt like with it! 'Where do I begin?' I thought.