Boy Meets Girl. Rock-star Meets Fan. Nick Meets Jillian. Chapter 16

Chapter 16 (Jillian's POV)

I woke up to a loud rumbling. The rain was still falling, ever heavier, ever louder. Lightening flashed next to my window making me jump. I used to like thunder and lightening, but then I read a story of somebody who saw their loved one killed by it. I held the duvet close to me. I was never going to get back to sleep and I hated being alone. I was scared. It was then I realized that Nick was just down the hall. If I could get to him, maybe I wouldn't be so scared. I reached for my torch and slipped out the door. I shivered, I didn't notice how cold it had got. There I was in my thin vest and tiny bottoms while the storm echoed around me. I reached Nick's door. I paused not knowing whether I should knock or not, I decided not to, the storm was so loud he wouldn't be able to hear it anyway. As I opened the door, there he lay in his double bed.

"Nick?" I whispered quietly. He did not stir. "Nick?" I cried out. He turned over slowly half asleep.

"Mmmm" I heard him mutter.

"Are you awake?" I asked.

He opened his eyes and looked at me. He sat up a bit. "Jillian, are you alright?" he asked concerned.

"Yeah, I just.. the thunder, I don't like it." I told him.

"Come here." He whispered to me, beckoning me towards him, patting the side of the bed next to him. I walked forwards and sat down. I saw him look at my nightwear. He sat up and stacked some pillows to lean on. He wrapped his duvet around me and pulled me in to rest on his chest. He kissed the top of my head gently.

"It's okay" he said while putting his arm around me. I yawned and cuddled in closer to him. "What's the time?" he asked as he gently rubbed my arm.

"I don't know, I didn't even look when I woke up." I said apologetically. He reached out for his phone on the other side of me.

"2am" he told me.

"Sorry for waking you." I said.

"Don't worry about it." he said. I heard the smile in his voice.

We lay there quietly together, warm, listening to the storm rage on around us and then we were asleep.