Chapter Four

It has been almost a week since Shannon kidnapped Addison and no one has seen or heard from her. I wish there was a way that I could reach out to her and tell her to bring Addison home. I have been in contact with Kasey just in case Shannon happens to bring Addison there she will know that it is not just for a visit but the police are looking for her.

Tonight Vanessa is taking me out to celebrate. We have signed all the papers and I am now the official owner of Angie's diner. I was ready to relax and enjoy myself. It would hopefully be the first time in awhile that I have been able to have fun and just focus on me.

I was standing in the mirror thinking damn to myself I will be turning 21 years old this year and it has already been a hell of a road. I sure hope life gives me a break and lets me have some happiness, well I did have happiness for two years with Addison but now that is gone.

I sit down on the side of the bed staring at a picture I took of Addison at her first birthday party. I can't believe she is gone.

"YO LOGAN! WHAT IS TAKING YOU SO LONG?!" Cam yells from downstairs.

"I am almost dressed, give me a minute." I sit the picture back on the table next to my bed. I slip my dark denim jeans on and then button up my blue and green plaid shirt. I pull my tan tavern boots out the closet and slip them on. I had on simple jewelry. A simple pendant necklace my Mother gave me when I was twelve, a fossil watch that Shannon gave me when we first settled in here and just some diamond earrings.

I check myself out and in the mirror and think damn I don't look that bad. I run my fingers through my wavy hair. I have been letting it grow back out and its at my shoulder blades.

"LOGAN!!" I can hear Cam coming up the stairs. "COME ON!" She yells as she burst through my bedroom door.

"Damn calm down Cam, I'm ready." I kiss her on the cheek and chuckle as I walk past her.

I can hear Cam sucking her teeth as she storms back down the stairs behind me.

We arrive at this place called Onyx. I was getting excited when I saw how hyped the place was. The music was just right and there was people everywhere. We finally make it inside and find Vanessa and the crew from the diner already getting their drink on.

I walk up to the group and grab their attention.

"Hello everyone sorry for being late."

"She gets dressed like a girl. Takes her forever." Cam cuts me off rolling her eyes.

"Whatever. These are my friends Camren and Jade."

Everyone slides over to make room for us to sit down. I sat down beside Vanessa who was already enjoying herself with a drink in her hand. She is in the middle of going through this divorce. I don't know if this night is for her or for me.

"What you sippin on?" I lean over and whisper in her ear trying to talk over the music.

She leans over and I can smell the Jager on her breath.

"It's called the Redheaded slut." She smiles at me as she continues to dance in her seat to the music.

"Sounds like my kind of drink." I order myself a couple of jager bombs to get the night started.

It wasn't long before we were all having fun and letting loose.

Vanessa grabs my hand and pulls me out the booth with her.

"Where are we going?"

"To dance." She slurs standing really close to me.

I take the chance to check her out as she pulls me out to the dance floor. She had on a black plunging neck, breast hollow out bodycon dress  and she was looking sexy as hell. Damn, has she always been this thick or is it just the drinks?