Three

"Where were you?"

"I finished our club schedule and the heavy rain caused delay so don't worry."

"Is that Kagami from Seirin High?"

"Uh yeah, it's him. Anyway, I can explain. He was with me because some creepy guy showed up, saying that he knows my name and everything I do when I don't really know him in the first place and Kagami showed up and helped me."

"How did he help you?" Ryouta raised an eyebrow.

"Kagami said that I am his girlfriend  then, the man who says that he's my admirer, pretty disgusting, went away. Kagami was worried that that man may follow me so I decided to make him come with me or something near to that." I smiled.

"You made me worried!" he shouted.

"I'm sorry, okay? It isn't my fault that it rained back there. Just tell me your mini date with Mei...err...ko."

"It went well, actually until I noticed that you weren't behind us or somewhere around. I tried to leave her but she insisted that you're okay so I went straight home."

"That's nice." I smiled. "Did you start to court her?"

"I'm starting. She's a great lady, you know. She's really sweet, beauty plus brains and everything!"

"I told her that you are an idiot."

"What? Why would you do that?"

"Excuse me, sir but I am your bestfriend. A bestfriend should be honest at all times."

He laughed at me. He thought I was joking but no, I wasn't. I have to tell his flaws and make the girl accept it.

"Come on, let's just sleep."

"I'll be staying here at the couch. You take the bed, it's okay."

"You sure?"

"Very very sure."

"Good night then."

"Good night."

The next morning, I woke up earlier than I do everyday. I cooked Ryouta's breakfast and left the house.

I immediately went to the volleyball club's meeting and for the practice as well. I had to argue with the basketball team since they are going to have their practice as well. We both have our own championship games in the next three weeks. Nice timing, is it?

The deal was we will have the court for two and half an hour; I got it that easily. The problem is that the basketball team of Seirin will be here by the next minutes. The focus of my teammates will either be still there or worse, gone. As their captain, I have to deal with them. My goodness.

"Okay, everybody, settle up! Imagine that this is the real game, we have to win that championship, alright?" I shouted. "Let's get this over with! By next week, we'll have a mock game with the girls from Seirin High. Ready?"

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" they all shouted.

"That's it, go to your positions!"

We started playing by seven thirty in the morning and by eight, the basketball players of Seirin were already here. I was expecting a lot of distractions.

"Mami, do you want to win?" I shouted at my teammate. She nodded as an answer but I did not accept it. She needs to be tough. "I repeat, do you want to win the championships?!"

"Yes!"

"Good!" I shouted once more, "Show the boys from Seirin that you can overpower their power!"