Twenty-two

After 9231465780 years, here's chapter twenty two. My brain is just so messed up like super messed up. If there're stuff that seemed to be wrong in this chapter, you shall not make it a big deal. Hahaha. I am just super stressed because personal issues but nah, I'm writing this.

His arm on my shoulder decreased my nervousness. He asked, "Meicchi, are you ready? They're good people." he smiled.

"I-I don't exactly know what to feel." I said.

"Let's just go in, Meicchi!"

We entered the indoor court then, Ryouta called his teammates, said hi and all the things when friends meet.

"I'm Kasamatsu Yukio, Kaijo's captain...err, nice to meet you."

"Meicchi, he's pretty nervous around girls." he giggled.

"Uh, it's okay. I'm Sakura Mei... but now I'm Aomine Mei. Nice to meet you too." I bowed.

"And I'm her boyfriend, right Meicchi?" he said proudly.

They were all staring at me as if they've seen a ghost. Saying my surname wasn't a good idea at all, I guess. Add Ryouta's dialogue after mine.

Well sure, it's okay for him to have Daiki as a brother -in-law instead of a rival. I don't know. It depends on them, their relationship.

"You're Aomine Daiki's sister?" they all said in shock.

I nodded.

Ryouta's childish attitude towards me is getting to my nerves. He wasn't like this or is he like this in front of everyone?

"Come on guys, I introduced her to you as my girlfriend, not Daiki's little sister." he let out a fake sob.

"You did not even say that she's your girlfriend." one said.

"H-He did!" I shouted out of the blue. I continued, "I mean, didn't you hear? Uhm..." I was stuck in awkwardness.

"Anyway, captain..." Ryouta spoke.

"Hm?"

"I'm leaving Japan soon." he paused.

"Everyone leaves so I understand. Early preparation for college?"

Ryouta nodded.

I interrupted, "I guess you guys should have your own talk. Guy talk. I'm going to go outside." I smiled and turned.

While I was waiting, I sent a message to my brother, Daiki.

"Daiki, uh... if you're doing nothing now, would you mind talking to me? House stuff. Give me call if you're going to."

It's just a month or two before school ends. I need to enter Tokyo University to find a better job in the future, take tests and anything.

My phone rang. I answered it.

"Hello?"

"It's me, Daiki. What are you talking about?"

"I'm actually planning to sell my house here in Kanagawa or make it a vacation house, rest house, whatever."

"Get it straight to the point."

"I'm going to live with you, mom and dad. Nothing's bad about living and getting to know more about my brother, right? I guess, it's the right time to at least hangout with a family."

"Okay, I'll tell it to them. Now, stop bothering my sleep."

"H-Hey, I did not disturb you!"

He hanged up.

My goodness, it's hard to talk with him when he's forced to do so but I'm not even forcing him to talk to me.

I sighed in such minor problem.

"Meicchi?"

Oh crap, he heard it?

"Who are you talking to?"

"Uhm, Daiki."

"Oh, I thought someone is prank calling you." he smiled.

"You heard it?"

"The what?"

"Be perfectly honest, tell me."

"Yeah, I heard it Meicchi."

"Look, I'm sorry for doing this. We're going our separate ways sooner or later. I'm doing this for the both of us, to make it all easy for us."

We just started our relationship yet we're having this kind of problem. Possibly, we are acting childish, both of us.

"Are you telling me that we should break up?"

I froze, speechless.

I opened my mouth but the words did not escape.

"I mean, it's hopeless for the both of us. That's what you're thinking, aren't you?"

"Ryouta, I did not mean that we should break up."

"Then, what... Meicchi?"

"Damn, I don't know. Give me a week or two to think."

"Call me, okay?"

I nodded with sadness on my face.

Everything was going great... before.

Am I going to regret my decision?

I walked away.