Nine

I want to tell Kise everything. From my thoughts to my feelings but it will never happen. I have to tell him before it is too late but I just can't. It is nearly impossible.

"Meicchi, let's go." Kise smiled as he prepared my wheelchair.

Right, the volleyball championship game is going to be today. The basketball championship game will be tomorrow.

"When will the game start?"

"You should be there as a captain, Meicchi."

"Then let's go now."

We left off by two o' clock and reached the school by three or probably earlier.

"Captain Mei, your... the coach wants to talk to you." a student from a lower level told me.

"I'll be there right away." I said.

Kise and I rushed to the locker room to talk to our coach. It feels like she wanted to tell something urgent.

"Coach."

"I'm sorry for your condition, Mei."

"No, it's okay. What's the matter? Why did you call for me?"

"I'm here to tell you the good and the bad news. What would you like to hear first?"

"The good, probably? Wait a second, coach." I said.

I whispered to Kise, "You can leave for a while. I'll call you back after our talk, please?"

He nodded as a response and I thanked him before he left.

"I want to hear the good news."

"You'll get to do the introduction of the team later. Everything will be broadcasted on television. You have two to three minutes to do so."

"And what is the bad news?"

"We, as well as your parents, reviewed your condition. This year you will graduate and I'm sorry to say that you are no longer the captain of the volleyball team. I considered this day to be your last because your teammates insisted it." she sighed. "I'm really sorry, Mei."

"I-I get it." I said as I am trying to hold back my tears.

"I have to go, game is starting in twenty minutes. Would you like to come?"

"I... I will just think about things."

"Okay then." she left with a worried expression.

There are two things that I am thinking right now, my parents and this volleyball stuff which surprised me.

Why would my parents interfere in this? I mean, why will they discuss something behind my back? They did not care about me. I don't care whether my dad is my stepdad, I don't care. Why would they care?

I went to my locker and took all of my things inside. The sadness pierces my heart. Good thing, I have my school bag to put these.

I wish I died in that accident back then so that I am not suffering because of this emotional life.

I am alone right now which means that I have the right to cry all I want. It hurts so much.

I want to laugh at how emotional I am right now but I don't want to see my face because I look like an idiot. I am sure of it.

I saw blade in my locker and took it. I was about to cut my wrist but I heard the door open. I hid the blade in my bag quickly and wiped my tears off my cheeks.

Kise spoke, "Meicchi, the game is going to start."

"Yeah right, I was about to go."

"Are you crying?"

"No... No, I'm not. Everything is totally cool."

"You're lying, Meicchi. What's the problem? Remember that you bestfriend is here, okay?"

Ha, bestfriend, he said. This guy is so dense.

"I'm not the captain of the volleyball team anymore." I cried. "I hate my parents. Why do they care about me?"

"Maybe it is because of the documents? Maybe they are being processed."

"And now they will care about me? That is too lame for a reason."

"Meicchi, don't cry. I don't want to see you cry, right? Smile now." he smiled as he pinched my cheeks.

I smiled at him like an idiot. Smiling after crying?

He wiped my tears with his thumbs and he kissed my forehead. I think it got warmer or is it just me?

"Everything's going to be okay. I promise."

Will it be?

--

A/N: Is it too dramatic? Err... I don't know. Hahahaha!
Hope you liked/enjoyed this chapter! We're near 1k reads! Thank you for the votes and support as well! Stay fabulous and keep the awesomeness! :'D