Sixteen (1)

My vision went black as I fell onto the floor.

Ryota Kise's POV

It's almost seven thirty in the evening and Mei is not yet home. She did not message or anything.

Something is wrong with her these past days and she is not telling it to me. It is difficult to convince her even though we are mostly together through the years. I'm worried.

A knock on the door was done. I quickly went to open the door. I saw Mei crying in front of me saying, "Ryota... I can't take it anymore."

I wiped her eyes which are full of tears and said, "Tell me everything."

"No... leave me alone."

What is with this girl? I thought she needs me but she is rejecting my comfort right now. Women.

She went upstairs, to her room and locked the door. I stayed outside her room. I can hear her crying out loud. I want to comfort her but she is rejecting me and it hurts.

Minutes later, the house became filled with silence.

"Mei?" I called.

"Mei?" I yelled.

"Hey, answer me!"

I managed to get the keys as fast as I could. I inserted the key into the keyhole and my eyes widened with what I saw.

"Ryota..."

It is Mei crying silently and holding a blade.

"What are you doing?" I yelled.

"I'm so sorry, Ryota... I didn't mean to end my life just like that. I am so sorry, I just couldn't handle it..."

I walked nearer.

"Give me that blade."

Without thinking twice, Mei gave me the blade. I am thankful that she did not cut herself.

"What happened? Explain it to me."

"I'm very sorry. I'm so sorry." she kept on repeating the words.

"Mei! Look into my eyes."

"Ryota... these bruises. I was being bullied because of you. Students are jealous for some reason but we... we are just friends, right? So why would they..."

I frowned when she said that.

"Yes, I know. We're just best friends so why would they get jealous?" I faked a smile. "You know, let me get you some ice." I stood up.

"Don't try to do anything like killing yourself again or else..."

--

A/N: Labeled as Sixteen (1) because this is just some short chapter showing Kise's point of view or side. Like what he thinks about Mei and stuff.
I finally wrote this! MEI IS ACTUALLY KIND OF SUICIDAL BUT NOT-- OH WAIT. This is going to be a spoiler if I told you.