Twenty

I went to the bathroom and washed myself. I was really sad about Kise's words there. He thought of me as a nuisance before. I know that past is past but it still hurts.

I cried while the water from showering is flowing on my face. Say it to me, Kise. Say it on my face. I hate people who talk behind my back. How dare he. I rushed to bathe myself, put on my clothes and went to Kise's room while Daiki does the cooking (hopefully, it would be good).

"Kise." I knocked on the door. Open it up so I can beat you. The door knob twisted and Kise's face welcomed me.

11:50 p.m.

"What brings you here?" he said as he closed the door. I told him to lock it.

"I heard it all."

"What do you mean?"

"I know I'm a nuisance in your life but please, at least say it to my face. That's what friends are. Trustworthy, honesty."

"You mean, my talk with Daiki..."

"Which of us is in the friend zone, Ryota? Tell me."

His eyes widened in shock but he answered quickly, "Both of us."

Deep in my thoughts, how could you tell that we are both in the friend zone? Wait, did he notice my feelings from before. No, I told him those. You're an idiot, Mei.

"Since you want me to say it all, I want to clear this out before it is Christmas."

I raised an eyebrow because of confusion. I obviously don't get his thinking.

"Meicchi, I actually lo-"

"Hey, you two. Food is served." Daiki knocked. That was fast.

"Let's forget this complication for a while and have fun, Kise." I smiled. He nodded. We stood up from our places and went to the living room to watch television shows as we eat. The dish is good! I never thought about Daiki cooking or maybe because he often cooks for our parents (forced cooking is possible).

The next four days...

Oh, I cannot believe tomorrow is a New Year celebration! There would be fireworks, different colors in the sky! A Mickey Mouse shaped firework and more. There will be a festival in the center too and countdown! I'm too excited for this.

It is eleven o' clock. "Kise, we have to get going!"

"I'll follow you, I'm still putting my clothes on!"

"Hey, Mei. I'm going to go now. I'm meeting up with Momoi. I don't want to be late."

I nodded. Who's Momoi? Oh, right. The manager of Daiki's basketball team who likes Kuroko Tetsuya. Her future is big... Why am I thinking about it.

"Kise!" I yelled once again. "I dress faster than you, add the fact that this is a kimono that I am wearing. Considering that I need to fix my hair as well. Why are you taking so long?"

"Hold up... wait a second. I'm going!"

Man, this guy is testing my patience. "I'll give you ten seconds. Ten, nine, eight, seven, six... five, four, three, two!" I gritted my teeth. "One!"

"I'm done!" he went out of his room. I stared at him with amazement and admiration. He looked even more handsome than before though he is just wearing casual clothes. I noticed his hair, "Nice hair..." I blushed.

"Oh, you noticed? Thanks." he smiled.

"Let's go. We'll not see the fireworks at this point."

"It's still early. I know a place where we can watch the fireworks. It's not crowded so you can watch it peacefully and admire it."

"Let's go buy apple candy first. I haven't tasted that in years. Rush! I know you want it too."

We went to buy ourselves apple candies straight to the place that Kise mentioned. When arrived, we're just in time. The place is so high that you can see multiple fireworks everywhere.

As we watched the fireworks, we finished our apple candies quickly. We expected that the fireworks will just last fifteen minutes but it was extended for another fifteen to twenty minutes.

"Look at those fireworks, Kise. Mickey Mouse!"

"Do you have an obsession with Mickey Mouse, Meicchi?"

"It's not an obsession, it's admiration!"

"By the way, you look pretty with that hair and kimono." he smiled.

"Thank you." I smiled back.

"Mei... I want to tell you something."

"What is it? Oh, right. Continue your sentence back then!"

"I love you, Mei." he grabbed my waist and kissed me. It left my eyes wide open but as seconds passed, I closed my eyes and I was able to go with the flow. He placed his right hand on my cheek. We stopped, gasping for air.

"Kise, I love you too. Mine was obvious." I hugged him.

See? It was supposed to end here but since Kise is going to somewhere and bc demand, I will extend this. Hahaha. I felt that this would be a boring ending if I finished it here. I hope you like it. /I'm blushing here okay/