Twenty-three

Oh gosh. You guys are going to hate me for the next 'chapters' but nah. I am the author. Pfft-- Idk what to say anymore. Just enjoy the chapter and be a fab unicorn.

Each day that passes is a normal day. It is nothing special like those days before. My happiness is not really found in love or with Kise Ryouta but I'm going to fight through this, with my own negativity. Our relationship as a couple is just starting and small problems are part of it. I wanted to be optimistic as possible.

It has been six days since we talked about a misunderstanding.

"Please leave your message after the beep."

"Kise...I mean, Ryouta. If you hear this, let's meet in front of our school after your practice. Uhm... bye."

I waited for him in front of the school but he did not come. It seemed like his phone is off or low battery. Are there any reasons? Perhaps, it might be me.

It is the seventh day.

"Please leave your message after the beep."

"Ryouta, please answer my calls. Why won't you answer? You said you wanted to hear my decision, right? Today, since it is a weekend... I'm going to wait in the park near this house that I'm staying in. Bye."

Again, no one came.

For the eighth day, I still have hope within.

"Please leave your message after the beep."

"Ryouta... damn it. Why won't you answer? Charge your phone for goodness sake. I want to talk to you, face-to-face."

But again, he did not give any replies or answers.

I did not give up. I went to school the next day without any trace of sadness or problems.

Then again, Friday came. It is the thirteenth day of waiting for him to give me any replies.

"Please leave a message--"

No, I did not finish it. I tried calling him again and again until he answers. Every time I had a chance to call him, I would do it.

I would try to find him in school every time but I never had the chance to do so. We are graduating students so projects line up, assignments line up as well and the schedule is too complicated to deal with.

I called him once again while walking to the train station.

"Hello, who is this?"

Huh, a woman's voice? It's probably his sister or mother.

"It's Mei... Aomine Mei." I answered.

"Oh, Mei! Ryouta left his phone here. Did he not tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"He left for Australia last week, it was supposed to be in North America but I don't know what exactly happened. That's rare. You're his girlfriend. Did you have some misunderstanding with him?"

"Uhm, no!" I said with a defensive tone. "We were supposed to go out on a date or something like that."

"Mei, he went earlier than expected because of the offer."

"Is that so... thanks for the news. Bye." I pressed the button to end the call.

I'm hurt, Ryouta.

I'm hurt. It hurts.

I managed to stop my tears when I rode the train. I went straight home but the memories bothered me a lot. Was it there to annoy me?

I went out of the house to breathe some fresh air and to take a walk too.

My phone rang.

I answered it with my heart beating fast.

"Hello?"

"Turn around."

"Huh?" I tried to figure out as I turned around.

"Surprise." he smiled.

"Damn you!" I cried with joy.