Prologue

I am Sakura Mei. People call me either Sakura or Mei but there is one person who calls me "Meicchi". He is no other than my childhood friend, my bestfriend until now, Kise Ryouta .

You may imagine or see us like couples but no, we are not. Yes, we live together but we are not having that kind of relationship. We are just bestfriends, remember?

"Ryota, wake up. We're going to be late at school..." I said as I felt my body getting weaker while I speak.

"Five more minutes, please?"

"Get your filthy hands off me and get up." I spoke quickly when I realized that his hands are around my waist. "Kise!"

"I know, I know." he got up after seconds and looked at the clock.

"I told you we're late. You're dead meat later, good luck with your practice."

"Why didn't you tell me that we have our practice today?" he yelled.

"It isn't my responsibility to wake you up in the morning! I have my own stuff and tasks to do, okay?" I gave him a smile of sarcasm.

A half an hour passed and we got off the train exactly at 7:45 a.m. We both looked at our own watches and panicked. This isn't our lucky day, to be honest.

"Ryouta, the exercise punishment." I stared at him with dead eyes.

"Don't look at me like that." he smiled. "The school is just five or ten minutes away! Let's have a race and run, what do 'ya think?"

"Bad idea." he started running. "Man, that idiot is hopeless."

As soon as we reached Kaijo High, we expected our sports teacher to scold us and give us tiring punishments. We never fail to expect.

"Ryouta, it's your fault." I whispered.

"No, it isn't. You should've... nevermind."

"I swear I will kill you later." I said.

"You even had the courage to talk nonsense in front of me. Do forty sit-ups, Mei and do sixty push-ups, Kise. Now!"

"I'm sorry!" I shouted.

Finally, lunch break! I am still feeling the pain in my stomach.

"Ryouta, do you think I'll grow abs?"

"I think, no."

"Give me some support!" I punched him on his left shoulder.

"Anyway, Mei. I need to tell you something." he smiled like a normal one. He seemed to be abnormal these past days.

"What is it?"

"She is your classmate, Fujiwara Meiko."

"I can see it in your ugly eyes, Ryouta. You have a crush on her."

"My eyes are not ugly! In fact, they are beautiful." he grinned.

"It would be easy for you to make her as your girlfriend. No girl has ever rejected you, right?" I gave him an encouraging smile.

"Yeah, right but I want her to see my charms! Like the way I look at the people I love differently."

I took out a chocolate bar in my lunch bag. "Here." I cleared my throat. "Example, this is the girl that you want."

"Is that the chocolate bar that you stole yesterday?"

"I bought this for myself!"

"Why are you being so defensive?" he raised an eyebrow.

"What is wrong with being defensive?"

"You look cute when you're being like that." he laughed.

I felt my cheeks get warmer when he said that. Not only my cheeks became warm but also my whole face!

"You are turning red, Mei!"

"Shut up or I'll kick your precious treasure below." I glared. "Eat your food! That is even my specialty, it's delicious when hot."

"Mei, last favor, please?"

"Your favors don't end. What is it again?"

"Ask her if she could join lunch with me." I can see and sense the sincerity in his words.

"How about me tomorrow? I don't have any friends except you!" I was annoyed for some reason. "What if I don't last here? I am socially awkward."

"I'll introduce you with some of my female friends, okay?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Just help me ask Meiko, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah."

He smiled as a response. I like the way he responded.

I am just afraid that one day, he'll be away from me. I am scared of losing him because he is the only one there for me.

--

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this prologue. I am sleepy-- Good night? Good morning? >_<