Eighteen

"Oh, it's been quite a long time since we talked or...not."

"How are you right now?"

"What do you mean?"

"When I saw you back there at the park, you looked worried about something."

"Honestly, I was shocked when I saw you."

"Can we talk to somewhere private?"

"No problem but make it fast because I'm going to cook dinner and let me pay these items first."

"Okay."

After paying for the ingredients that I bought, we went outside of the supermarket and through the small passage beside it where no one will see us or hear us.

I asked Kagami, "What are we going to talk about?"

"Mei, I know it's already late but I'm very sorry for the pain I've caused you. That's very selfish of me."

"It's fine. I'm fine, really." I smiled. "I forgive you and it's been months so we can still be friends with no heart feelings involved...just the fun."

"Is that so?" he smiled too.

"Yeah, we need to forget about it. Pretend that it never happened? It depends."

"Mei, can I ask you something?"

"Huh?"

"For the last time, can I give you something I've never given you before?"

"What do you mean? I don't get it."

Kagami raised my chin and kissed me on my lips gently. I am really shocked for what he did. I was thinking of slapping him but it will make things worse so instead of slapping him, I pushed him.

"Kagami..."

"That's the last."

"I-I'm sorry but..."

"No, it's...okay. I'm fine."

"I want to thank you for the relationship we had back then, okay? I gotta go now or else Kise might complain about dinner."

When I got home, no one was there which means Kise is still practicing with Shutoku. I wonder what time will it end. I have an advantage to this.

It took thirty minutes or more to finish the main dish and appetizer. It was an hour I think.

Exactly at seven thirty, he got home.

"Kise, I cooked your favorite food and I bet you already know the reason." I smiled.

"Really?" he smiled.

"By the way, how's the game?"

"No one won, it was a tie."

"I can see how you improved so much. No wonder that it was a tie. He's a shooter and you have that ability to copy. I'm relieved that you're not using it on exams."

"You just gave me an idea." he laughed as he took a seat.

"Kise!"

After putting the plates on the table, I took my seat too.

"Do you like it?" I asked Kise about the soup which is his favorite food.

"You're the best, Meicchi!"

"Thanks."

I was worried about telling Kise that I met Kagami earlier. I am finding the right time to say it. Why am I even worrying about telling him? He is just a friend. It's no problem.

We ate dinner and then, I went upstairs to do my homework. Kise offered that he should wash the dishes and he insisted.

I'm doing my English assignment and we were required to write an essay about our friends which is bothering me a little bit. I couldn't even finish my third sentence.

There are two things bothering me. First is this essay's topic and second is my confession to Kise that I met Kagami earlier which includes the fact that he kissed me unexpectedly.

It is bothering and annoying me so much that I went downstairs to say it to Kise. The right time is here. He finished on washing the dishes when I got down.

I stood gazing at him. He looked at me and asked, "Are you done with your homework or do you need help?"

"Me? Oh, I'm finished it already."

"I really need to say this...right now." I mumbled.

"Mei?"

"Hm?"

"I want to tell you something." we both said at the same time.

"You go first." I said.

"No, you first."

"Okay then. I met Kagami at the supermarket earlier and... wait, I'm trusting you for this because you are my bestfriend and I know that you can understand my situation."

"Fine. Continue."

"I talked with him. He apologized about our break-up but I said that it's okay. No more heart feelings involved. Just friendship and fun. Then, he did something unexpected that shocked me."

"What kind of something?" he raised an eyebrow.

"He...actually kissed me."

"What?" he yelled. "I mean, what? Why would he do that?"

"I don't know. Why should I know?"

"It's my turn now."

"Go ahead."

"By college, I'm going to study in America because my sisters told me so."

"America? Wouldn't you have a culture shock or something? I think you should study here."

"We only have a few months left and my passport is ready. I can leave anytime soon."

"You would still call me, right?"

I continued, "You won't forget me...right?"

He answered with a gentle smile.

--

A/N: I hope you liked/loved/enjoyed this chapter! I'm not sure if I should make Midorima appear once more or Aomine. I am not sure. So don't take this note as a spoiler to my story or...stuff. Maybe Akashi? Nope. Oh well. Expect the unexpected. Thank you! :)