Twenty-Six

\With April/

Mikey's POV
===========

I heard a set of footsteps and snapped my eyes open, fearing Shredder was back to get me.

"Calm down, Mikey. Its just me. Its April," the familiar feminine voice said so quietly, probably not to wake the others.

I looked up at the red head, who was giving me an especially warm smile. I relaxed a little, smiling back. This caused her grin to widen.

"Can you... come with me?" She asked, even quieter than before. I paused, even though I trusted April with my life, I was a bit suspicious. Why hadn't she woke the others up yet? Why was she only talking to me?

"Please? I just want to help you, Mikey. I want to vent for you. I want to be there for you," she said, almost as if she was reading my mind.

I finally nodded, giving her another smile. "But you're gonna have to help me up," I said, moving my shoulder slightly. April quickly- but still gently- lifted me out of the turtle pile on the ground.

Putting all of her focus into not hurting me, April slowly dragged us both into the bathroom, which greatly confused me.

Not exactly the place I pictured to be venting out...

"Sit here," April said, pointing to the closed lid of the toilet. I raised and eye ridge at her, but allowed her to set me down. April gave me yet another smile as she went and closed the door, crouching down in front of me with a bucket and rag next to her.

"This is just you and me time. Everything here is just between us. You don't have to hold anything back, okay Mikey? Just tell me anything and everything you want. This is your private time alone with April O'Neil the Therapist," one of our only human friends said, nodding.

I nodded back, still eyeing the bucket. "O- okay," I stuttered slightly, the memory of Shredder with the whip and salt water coming to mind, "buuuuuut why do you have the bucket and rag? Are you gonna clean the bathroom or something while we talk?"

April laughed softly, easing a bit of the tension. "Not exactly," she sighed, but happily, "I was planning to... wash you up a bit. With warm water, 'cause its supposed to be calming. From what the guys said, and from what I can see, you can't take a bath on your own. So while you vented, I planned to give you a nice, calming, bubble bath. Is that okay?"

I nodded quickly, relieved. I didn't actually believe that she would dump salt water on me, but I was wondering as to what she planned to do with the bucket and rag.

Also, a bubble bath sounds preeeeety nice...

April dipped the rag into the bucket before rubbing it on my arm, cleaning away the dirt and dust. "You can talk whenever you feel like it, Mikey," she said, and the warm water she was using calmed me down enough to tell her.

"Well... when I was there on the roof of Shredder's lair, you know, with the guys, I thought that I heard a bird call. That was the sign for us to go down. But... but.... I guess it was really just a bird, because next thing I know I'm down there wayyy ahead of my bros. I was looking down at Shredder and Rahzar and Fishface, right? Then from behind me I hear something and turn back, and Raph was there saying that Leo just gave the call!" I said as I told the beginning, already feeling better.

April nodded as she continued to clean me and said, "Its okay, Mikey. It was a mistake and I'm sure they know it now."

I frowned, but nodded. April wouldn't lie to me, not even if she had to.

"Yeah, I guess," I agreed, wincing as she started to clean my hands. "Sorry!" April replied to my reaction, trying to be more careful.

I sighed before continuing, "But then they... left me out again. They were talking about the plan without me, and it hurt. It really, really hurt." I closed my eyes as a tear slowly rolled down my cheek. "It hurt..."

I felt a pair of small arms wrap around my neck- April pulling me into a hug. "Its okay, Mikey. I'm here for you. So are your brothers. I don't know why they did that, but they do love you with all their hearts. We all do," she comforted me.

I sniffled, then took a deep breath. "T- thanks April," I said as she pulled back, giving me a smile before continuing.

"So I had... I went down the wall to where Shredder and them had been because they weren't there when I turned back. I saw the guys motion for me to come back, but I didn't want to. I was in the moment. I wanted to prove myself to them so badly that I guess I sorta got carried away. Now here I am, about as low as you can get. I caused them to come after me, which got Donnie captured, and he..." I trailed.

"He's done so much for me... they all have. And when we were there he..." I couldn't continue. My throat tightened as tears came to my eyes, crying silently.

"Its okay. Its okay," April cooed, and I could feel her hug me again. "You don't have to continue if you don't want to. I'm finished cleaning, alright? Do you feel any better?"

I nodded into her shoulder, letting her know I did feel better.

"Good," she said, "do you want to talk some more?" I shook my head, nuzzling into her neck for warmth.

"That's okay, too," she replied, rubbing my shell. "If you ever want to talk again, we can. I'm only one call away."

I nodded and let her stand me up, walking with her as she led me back to the living room. Raph, Donnie, and Leo were still asleep, so April gently set me down right next to Raph.

"Get some rest, Mikey," she said, then giggled as Raph's arms instantly wrapped around me. I grinned back at her and said, "Thanks April.

"Anytime, Mikester," she said back as she left, leaving me alone with my sleeping brothers.

I know that I won't ever forget this- I'll never forget something like this- but I know that they'll be there for me.

That my family will be there...

¶Yes, I am dragging this out.¶